“Good food but awful service”
Review of Patogh Restaurant

Patogh Restaurant
Ranked #2,878 of 24,426 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is one of those restaurants that you go for the food and try and shut your ears and eyes to the service.

Food - good menu and the basic Kebab with rice and Bread is awesome. Cheap and full of flavour. The servings are big enough to share between two but this is not possible.

For some reason the waiter - who always seems annoyed at everything, loves to argue. So before you go remember this - you MUST get a main per person and cannot share. I get that they are popular and often run out of seats so want to maximise profit but when you visit with friends we like to eat family style and this wont happen.
Get a good seat. Wait if you have to. The upstairs is dark and dreary and very intimate with the other customers but who cares if you go for the food?

Also take cash. If you dont have some there are some cash machines across the road (HSBC) or if you turn right back onto edgware road there are cash machines by the traffic lights.

1  Thank buckpalace a

Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I came on here for variety as I've hardly done middle eastern food. I phoned to see if it W's accessible for a chair they said come and look! I did as I was close but any further they lose my custom there and then. so I could just squeeze into one space by the door and window, hAd to keep coat in all night as it was freezing. I chose the cheapest option on the menu in case I didn't like it..... big mistake, I chose the minced meat kebabs I don't know how I could expect to like it. was cheap tho so not a total loss. if I went again I would pay the extra for the real meat. Staff were excellent 1 space for a wheelchair and toilets are upstairs

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I first visited this place in the late 1990s and I have to stay nothing has changed since then.This place still has that small intimate feel, and if you are sitting upstairs be prepared to share space and conversations with neighbouring parties. The waiters are still fairly clueless, and sometimes you wonder how they manage to get your orders right all the time. But just as before, the food was spot on. Loved the special bread and the grilled meats. At a good price. Most memorable salad I have ever had. Rocket leaves and horseradish piled on a plate with absolutely no preparation whatsoever. Magic. Only a place like this could pull of a stunt like that and still get five stars. The best eatery on Edgware Road by miles.

1  Thank im76
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great, speedy, fresh & simple food, huge portions (with potential for doggy boxes!) & BYO - perfect for an unpretentious feed. The dingy upstairs and frequently crowded space only add to the experience - it is what it is!

Just off the main drag of Edgware Road - since discovering this place I've returned time and time again and it's never let me down :)

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Do not go to Patogh if you take yourself very seriously, you will not enjoy the cramped place or the casual service.

On the other hand if you are all about the food then don't be put off by the modest exterior, here is to be had some of the best Kebab in town and at a deal of a steal.

They have the famous mince kebabs for £6 or the cubed meat for £9. The have other stuff too but who cares!

We shared Chicken and Lamb with rice, bread and salad. (Get the special bread its worth the extra money)

Finally if you like spicy then get a skewer of the deadly hot grilled chilli - bang bang!