“Entertaining service, good fun for us group of girls on a hen party 'Hoop the bottle game'”
Review of Roadhouse

Roadhouse
Ranked #2,492 of 22,808 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Situated in the heart of Covent Garden, ROADHOUSE is an American-style retro diner and late-night bar that remains at the forefront of the London party scene. With its vibrant personality, distinct style, awesome food, signature collection of cocktails and an electric atmosphere evoked by live, nightly entertainment, Roadhouse offers the complete party package. Unrivalled live music nights from Indie Rock Covers to Rhythm and Blues, remain the main attraction at Roadhouse, along with nightly entertainment such as Rockaoke and Flair Nights followed by late night DJ line ups until 3am. Serving American favourites 'til late, Roadhouse's menu will keep you satisfied all night long with the likes of the famous Route 66 Melt, Prime Steak Fajitas and Refuel Platters to name but a few. As the Original World Famous Flair Bar, expect to be entertained all night long by the lively team as they prepare delicious cocktails with plenty of skill and heaps of personality. Nightly happy hours and an extensive cocktail list make it the perfect place to party.
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this place whilst looking for a cocktail bar and were far from disappointed. It was happy hour at the time of our visit. We managed to create a game with the help of Jason and other barman Levi, we had a hoop from one of the hen games which we used to hoop any bottle and then consequently had to have that as a shot, it was so much fun and the staff didn't mind our enjoyment at all. Jason is second to none with his constant customer service and attention to detail - we will go back and would recommend to anyone going that you play 'Hoop the bottle'!!!

Visited July 2013

London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude staff”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Always thought of the Roadhouse as a very nice and chilled place. Unfortunatelly my last experience was absolutely horrid. I stopped on the stairs to check my phone just for one second and was about to make my way up to get a signal when a member of the security team has told me off in a very inappropriate manner. I was little bit shocked and my immediate response was , thers no need for rudeness. After that I made my way up and still shocked at the way I've been spoken to flicked my hands and went up. In a about 10 seconds that same member of security team runned up to me and started telling me off even more and not in very kindly way told me to leave. I was speacheless. He accused me of showing him a middle finger and banch of other stuff and afterwars I've been told to leave but before that apologise to him. Another member of staff was present and have seen the whole thing but havent done anything at all. I've never experienced anything like it before. I've ordered food downstairs and paid the bill but because of the whole incident I left straight away without even trying my food. I've heard rumours about the way Roadhouse staff can be to people but I've never thought i would experience it myself. I work in the customer service and I've never seen anything quite like it. The whole night has been ruined not only for me but for my 5 friends who were with me. To be told off by a man who's twice my size was terrible. Never ever coming back to this place.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Vitaliya G
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“dont even think about it rubish change direction to bella italia”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

pre booked table had 2 pints before arriving ,arrived 30 mins early walked past bouncer only then to be told that we was drunk even though we had only had 2 pints and had not uttered a bad word and were acting normally .informed by the arrogant bouncer that we could eat but not have an alcoholic drink till after our meal and then he would decide if we could have one ( yeh right I thought we was the customer ) not being told when I am allowed a drink so got up and went . Walked straight over to bell italia got a table and had a very pleasant meal.

2 Thank paul h
RoadhouseManager, Manager at Roadhouse, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear paul h,

thank you for your review and for booking a meal with Roadhouse. I'm regret to hear you choose not to put our chefs to the test.

About your experience, licensed premises are regulated by the Licensing Act of 2006. Our license holders (managers) are bound by law to promote a meal and soft drinks to anyone who had alcoholic beverages prior to their visit. Our staff were doing what the law dictates, I'm sorry to read this has taken you and your party sensitively.

Hopefully in the future we can have the pleasure of having you as a guest once again.

Baloo
“Great evening, food and drink great”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Me and my friend ate here on Friday 5th July, having booked through top table. We were telephoned beforehand to confirm the booking (on the day) which I thought was a nice touch.It was a bit tricky to find, meaning we were 5 minutes late, which the lady at the desk half jokingly commented on when we arrived !! we were shown to a little table (rather than a booth) which was in the middle of a busy walkway so waitresses, staff etc were constantly rushing past...The food was good, the cocktails were great and afterwards we went into the bar area to listen to the band (great band and gorgeous lead singer!)...we would have probably stayed all night but had made a booking somewhere else.....overall we had a great night...just a very busy and noisy bar rendering speech almost impossible and we did feel a bit rushed...

RoadhouseManager, Manager at Roadhouse, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear j-lo40uk,

thank you for your review. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your dinner and drinks.

As you had seen, Roadhouse is all about lights, music and action, we host a live band every day of the week, as well as two different DJs. Compared to a restaurant our sound levels are a bit higher but from what you are saying the DJ on the night may have been a bit over enthusiastic. I have shared your review with my colleagues in management and we will keep our ears open for the sound levels in the venue, with special attention to dining hours.

I would also like to point out that our booths are reservable without an additional cost. They are of course subject to availability and are most of the time offered for parties from 3 to 4 members. If you decide to spend another evening in Roadhouse, by all means request a booth upon reserving the table (or when your reservation is confirmed over the phone) so you can enjoy your meal in even more comfort.

Regards,
Baloo
essex
“EXCELLENT FOOD & VALUE FOR MONEY TO !!!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Booked this through top table got two courses and a cocktail 14.95
plus when we arrived drinks were two for one even better
excellent food excellent drinks excellent service
will be going back soon !