“Christmas Party”

Ranked #131 of 22,692 Restaurants in London
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Description: Marylebone is one stylish neighbourhood and Turkish/Mediterranean restaurant Ishtar is up to the challenge. The decor is smart and modern, with dining on two levels, including under cellar arches, very cosy. The menu includes all the things you love in Middle Eastern cooking, but updated. Try starter of grilled king prawns with garlic and parsley sauce, main course of grilled fillet of lamb with pastirma. Turkish coffee and wines are an absolute requirement.
“Christmas Party”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We had staff Christmas Party for up to 25 people, the food was heavenly, the atmosphere was great, all the staff were extremely pleased with the outstanding service. Ishtar is the best restaurant we have been so far for a Christmas party, the Christmas menu was of an excellent value, and the whole of the downstairs area had music on , karaoke and dance floor just fit for the occasion, the staff were dancing with high spirit, we had dancing competition, every thing was simply great. We were recommended to go to Ishtar, and from our experience we would recommend all our friends and family to go to this wonderful restaurant too. We would like to thank the whole team for a fantastic service, keep up with the good work, and thank you again for making our day a very special day indeed.

Queensway Dental Surgery team.

• Visited November 2013

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Great food but horrendous service that I won't go back!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Don't get me wrong, the food is really very good and the lunch menu is excellent value. I work near Ishtar and have been more than 30 times, it used to be my no1 restaurant in London. However, the last 7 or so visits I have left feeling annoyed about the service - may I add that on bad visit no 3 I swore I wasn't going back but fellow colleagues have chosen to go for birthday lunches or festive celebrations.

On one visit they asked if they could take my fellow diners' plate away because the main meal was ready- her fork was still in her hand mid eat! On a different occasion, after having been here so many times before - I ordered the lunch special menu. It's good value and the moussaka is yum as a veggie option, they once decided that rice and cottage cheese made a main meal instead!! And stated they never offered a veggie option for the lunch menu, which I knew wasn't true. When I contested they eventually did have the moussaka- but I kind of had to argue with the waiter about the fact the had previously offered a veggie option- ridiculous! . On this final occasion, today, I visited as it was a supplier from work that booked it. Firstly the Christmas meal is all the same as the normal menu but we worked out it was £17 more expensive! We had a Chinese visitor with us and she wanted a photo of her British colleagues and we asked the waiter to take the photo- he took a selfie of himself and another waitress whilst we all gathered together awaiting him to take the photo.

The food might be good but London is full of amazing restaurants with really good service. Go elsewhere instead.

1 Thank Lizzie W
London, United Kingdom
“the best place for a fantastic dinner + entertainment”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I've been living in London since I was a college student. Seen many places, venues, restaurants for parties, events and for special days to celebrate. Based on my experience all over the city, I say that Ishtar Restaurant in Baker Street has the best quality of food, service and entertainment. Nothing should stop you to reserve your table for a fantastic weekend night out or a birthday/anniversary celebration. You will not only taste great Turkish and Mediterranean food but also have lots of fun with live music. The service will be accompanied by an entrancing music group and then a belly dancing show before you end up with crazy dancing with the Dj music. Highly recommended.

London, United Kingdom
“Been several times, never disappointed”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Ishtar is one of our favourite place to eat in London.

We have been 4 or 5 times and each time feel happy.

The service is good and food is amazing and very reasonably priced.

We have been on a special occasion as well when we had a party and the whole of the downstairs area and music and karaoke and dance floor to ourselves. Had a fabulous time with friends.

Highly recommended. This place is always full and that can only speak for itself.

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's not just a meal but a night out.”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I've been with wwork christmas party. Altough we were 50 of us the service was absolutely perfect. Food was delicious and fresh. The musicians played very versatile music to include everybody. I was expecting a total Turkish music and quite worried it might all be too much to take in but the musical blend was perfect. Ishtar is a little gem that everyone should experience.

1 Thank similey