“Brilliant family restaurant”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Ate here with friends last night - lovely food - very reasonable price, and such friendly staff and owners. Would thoroughly recommend

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We went here on a fairly busy Saturday without booking but were given a friendly greeting and seated right away. The service was friendly and we were given help with the menu. the menu itself was fairly extensive, with a good number of vegetarian options (one of the party was vegetarian). The food itself was good and tasty. Overall, there was a very good atmosphere and we felt that we had had a good experience.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I love Turkish food; Zara claims to specialise in Anatolian cuisine but it is sadly ordinary in a city with many better Turkish restaurants. It also ended up being quite expensive for what is basically a suburban setting (the prices would have been more appropriate in Hampstead Village).
It is very nice to have a Turkish option again at South End Green (the old one closed some years ago) and it made a perfectly pleasant early dinner prior to subsequent engagement. The service was OK, the decor is OK (although it could equally be an old fashioned Italian restaurant) and there is nothing I can especially complain about, it just all seemed a bit disappointing and then the bill seemed high.
The previous time I went was for lunch and I have good memories of that so maybe this time I just chose badly...

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had a lovely meal at Zara. The food was fresh and full of flavour. We had the cold mezze platter followed by lamb kofte and chicken kebabs. All were delicious but the best was the baklava and the Turkish delights that we had with our coffee.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stopped in about two PM on a Tuesday for a lunch. It was a bit warm outside, so I sat near the door to take advantage of the breeze from outdoors. The waiter was prompt to serve and helped with some details on the menu. He brought my beverage and starter of roasted aubergine to the table and took my order for the Chicken Shish. Having just spent the last three years in the Middle East, I was looking forward to a good meal. I was not disappointed. The meal was excellent and there was plenty. The restaurant is kind of small, but it makes up for it in quality. Dining was a pleasant experience and didn't take forever, like it seems to sometimes in other order off the menu restaruants.
I will go back next time I;'m in the neighborhood. (in about 3 weeks)