“Nice atmosphere but slow service”
Review of Troubadour London

Troubadour London
Ranked #1,649 of 27,514 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Earls Court
Description: The Troubadour, est. 1954, with ceilings and walls strewn with the instrumental heirlooms of a bygone bohemia, this 50s cafe screams throw-back and is now celebrating 65 years entertaining London's finest locals and lovely travelers alike with our blend of a homey garden, outstanding restaurant, music venue with a new cutting edge sound system. With an easy smoothness, this live music haven of yesterday and today is the cornerstone of Old Brompton Road, which has refreshingly resisted the modern humdrum of high street homogeny. Comfort & conviviality ooze as you sup French and British cuisine, enjoy nightly 2 for one cocktails, nurse a golden hot chocolate or bury your face in an breakfast omelette big enough to swallow you whole. There is always something going on in the cafe, club, award winning garden, gallery and serviced apartments. A great place to debate, think great thoughts, write music or poetry or just relax while our wonderful staff takes care of your every indulgence.
Reviewed March 18, 2019

We went here for drinks with friends and it was fine. The prices weren't cheap but not significantly more pricey than can be expected for drinks in London. After we ordenered it took forever for us to actually get our drinks even though the place wasn't packed, but the atmosphere was nice and we had a good time. The place was just a 2 minute walk from our hotel in the Earl's Court are, so that was definitely a bonus.

Reviewed March 15, 2019 via mobile

It was really a good moment !
The food was excellent
And thanks for the music!
I strongly recommend for a diner

Reviewed March 6, 2019

We went for the free jazz at 8pm and had some cocktails and wine before it started. Service was friendly and the pub itself has a very laid back, cosy atmosphere. Wine by the bottle reasonably priced, and they have a 2-for-1 cocktail deal until 7pm also. We didn't eat but the food coming out to other tables looked very good. Would definitely come back and recommend as a mid-week venue for a casual jazz night.

Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

The place got a secret garden and a club open until late night (around 2/3am)
The secret garden is definitely worth it! So peaceful and green with a lovely smell of jasmin flowers.
The inside lack a bit of light but is filled with history.
Toilets needs a massive improvement and the club is quirky but the music is always always great !
Food is delicious ! Try the duck rillettes ;)
Quality of Service depend on the waiter

Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

Five of us went here for breakfast Saturday 2nd Feb. Won't be going back. I asked for the 'full house'breakfast with no tomato,no mushroom and a cup of tea. It took 25 mins to arrive and when it did the eggs were not cooked properly, the bacon was missing and I had tomato and mushrooms. The member of staff put the plate down and walked off without hearing me say my order was wrong. I had to take it back myself. When my plate was brought back the food was cold. Because everyone else in my party had nearly finished I decided to just eat it. My tea was a shared pot. But we were both charged £2.50 each. When I went to pay I told the waitress what I thought but she was not listening. Breakfast and a cup of tea was nearly £15.00 When I looked at the receipt they had added a £1.63 tip to the bill. I told them it said it was discretionary but the girl just looked at me and held out her hand for the money.

Date of visit: February 2019