“Exotic, different, Tasty....”
Review of Archipelago

Archipelago
Reserve with OpenTable
Archipelago is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,033 of 23,391 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: International, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Description: If Archipelago were a film it would definitely be one of the Indiana Jones series. First, the menu features all manner of exotic beasties - locusts, zebra, crocodile and second the decor is an exotic mix of golden buddhas, dwarf palms and giant peacock feathers. The staff will talk you through each dish, but there's also chicken, fish, lamb and extensive vegetarian options. It's a great night out for the more adventurous - or if you happen to be having Ray Mears to stay.
Reviewed November 22, 2013

What an experience!!! Absolutely love this place!

The decor, the service, the cocktail menu and the food menu, everything perfect! Love the little details i.e. The menus and the presentation!

I never thought I would say this... but .. The Zebra is absolutely delicious! It sounds so wrong but it tastes so right!!!! And the same go for the Kangaroo!!! GORGEOUS! We also ordered some coconut rice which was close to perfection!

The only downside... (which was my own fault) was the dessert! I ordered the frozen berries which were a bit too sour for my taste... but I wanted to try something different.. so it was good for the experience.

Good service! I felt quite important sitting on my 'throne'!

Definitely going back and take all my friends who visit me in London!

1  Thank Typa

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I always take people here if I want to impress them. Unfortunately, since their move, the place has started to feel tired. There used to be a level of fun and inventiveness, and a menu that was flexible enough to cater for the ultra-adventurous as well as the super-cautious - and to do vegetarian versions of several of their meals. Now the vegetarian choices are few and uninspiring. It's still a welcome surprise for the first time you go, but the management needs to address some problems. One of us ordered a chicken dish, only to be told it would take 25 minutes, so we all ended up having risotto because it was just easier. We already got a late start because they went to the address on the website, which hadn't been corrected. Having to settle for something is not what used to happen here.

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We traveled up to Euston for a one night stay and had many debates as to whet to eat. Many in our group were dreading Archipelago but we took a chance. We were well rewarded with quality food, a great atmosphere and loads of fun. We were a party of 8 and the bill surprised us all, really good value. The staff are really welcoming. I would recommend ordering 'A visit from the doctor' to finish your evening here. Great experience all round, highlight of our weekend.

1  Thank Adebond2
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I enjoyed the experience of Archipelgo....but i feel it is more an experience than a meal

didnt leave feeling full, it felt more like a fun ride.....you get on, and have a spin.....but on leaving you are glad you didnt have too much in your stomach

but nonetheless a very fun place

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Very interesting food options - been twice - have enjoyed the love bug salad, zebra, crocodile (amazing), bison - all very good. Love the secret password idea. We had vouchers both times, think can be pricey otherwise. Attentive staff, interesting atmosphere /vibe... Definitely try African sunset dessert and the chocolate lovers one