“Tasty food and friendly service”

The Real Greek - Spitalfields
Ranked #2,253 of 23,023 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Description: Situated in the heart of the renowned Old Spitalfields Market, voted Best London Market, and just a stone's throw away from the buzzing City, this restaurant is one of its kind. We pride ourselves in always providing our customers with a healthy, fresh seasonal menu where they are always able to find something different and exciting to tantalize their taste buds! This location is ideal for lunch, business meetings, dinner or even if you just fancy a couple of drinks, it makes for the perfect ending to a stressful day at work or the perfect start to one's evening ahead!
Berlin, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty food and friendly service”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Starting plates are their best dishes but pittas were delicious too. I eaten a lot and I was totally satisfied. Service is really friendly. Of course the next time I'll go to London I'll come back.

• Visited May 2012

• Korean first
“Real Greek my backside!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

To call this restaurant "real greek" is an insult to all greek meals I've ever had, and the greek people that made them! The positives were the cool interior of the place, and the price for its location. Also, I had some mini greek burgers that were really nice, freshly made.
However, the waitress was so incredibly rude that my wife and I just looked at each other in shock! The humus was really poor and my wife's lamb looked disgusting, and didn't taste nice either. Also, they put dill on EVERYTHING which really ruined our lunch as I hate dill, it was so over-powering. The fact that they claim to use "fresh" ingredients is a bit of a joke. However, this could have just been a one-off bad experience, but I won't give them another chance to prove otherwise!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank jinx2010
Bonn, Germany
“Good Greek food for a reasonable price”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We' ve visited the Real Greek Spitalfields with 4 adults for dinner. The restaurant was clean and the atmosphere was nice and relaxing. Even if it was busy, the service was attentive, friendly and fast without beeing hectic. The full menu was offering a wide range of greek dishes. The ordered food was very tasty and good. Good value for money.

Visited February 2013
Sliema, Malta
“Good Greek Food”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Personally Greek food is my favourite food so was really happy to find this restaurant on my trip to London.
Their concept is that you order around 4/5 small dishes each which you can then share or eat yourself. They have some really good typical Greek dishes like Souvlaki and Tzaziki and some nice Greek wines.
The restaurant looks great, best thing is if you make a reservation so you can sit in one of the booths. The service is good, we had a nice lady helping us choose and she could give us some good recommendations.

• Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing food for a reasonable price.”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

One of my favourite restaurants in London!!! I have also visit their chains in Covent Garden and Hoxtor (which was the nicest one).

I love the food, the ambience, the staff is friendly but usually quite busy and the price is very reasonable for two people sharing.

I have been to The Real Greek for more than 5 times, since my first visit (2011) and I even held my birthday dinner party last year there. That's how much I love this place.

• Visited December 2012