“Terrible Terrible Terrible”

Neighborhood: Clapham / Battersea
York, United Kingdom
“Terrible Terrible Terrible”
Reviewed March 15, 2011

We had booked into Northcote Road earlier in the week, made a reservation for 7 people, we even rang and double checked the booking. Upon turning up on Saturday night we established theat the managment had made the booking for the Sunday evening, this they said wasnt a problem as their other restaurant could fit us in and was just in the next street. The waiter pointed us in the right direction but refused to take us to the restaurant. Upon arrival it became apparant that they could not accomodate us, we were asked if we would like to wait and have a drink, which we did, only to then be shouted at 'for christ sake get out of our way'. When we were eventually shown to a table it was filthy, it still had the remains of the previous diners meal on it. We walked out, when we passed the origional restaurant I popped in to provide the waiter with some feedback, the manager was keen to get me into a quiet corner so other guests couldnt hear my complaint, she explained that the other manager was tempoary for 2 weeks and the waiter could not speak English, she also explained it was her fathers business who was away for 3 months and she was trying to hold it together. An absolute Joke I believe there motto should be pay us the money but dont turn up it would be easier!

• Visited March 2011

London
“Steak.Great Steak.”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

The only thing to eat here is fillet steak and thick cut chips. It's fantastic. Need a wider wine list. Don't bother if you are veggie. Or if you don't want fillet steak. But if you do, then you are at the right place.

Zarate
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I've been to Pampa grill last night. Being myself Argentinian I felt homesick and needed some good steak. My first impression was that the music was also salsa!... I love salsa but it has nothing to do with Argentina. Then the decoration didn't make any sense so I ask the waiter and he turned out to be Colombian and so the restaurant owners... I felt cheated but I carried on with my dinner.
I ordered an empanada, I received a Colombian empanada, one of those you normally have at La Bodeguita in Elephan & Castle with a weird sauce, it was nice though but not what I wanted. Then we wanted some bread but it had ran out so we were offered bread from the day before which was "still fresh".
Obviously, we refused it.
The Bife de Filete was fine, probably because it said it's brought especially from Argentina, who knows.
The last straw came when I asked for some chimichurri and they said the weird sauce was actually chimichurri...what??? I couldn't believe it. I don't think you have to be born and raised in the country you are cooking food from, but at least you must have some basic knowledge of its cousine
Service was poor and staff unsmiling yet quick.

Not coming back again, for £80 I can get something much better.
This restaurant lets Argentina down.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best steak in Clapham. Loads of fun and potatoes to die for!”
Reviewed November 28, 2007

Best steak in Clapham. Loads of fun and potatoes to die for!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook