“Warm and cheerful, excellent food and drink, reasonable prices.”

Blades Barbecue Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Blades Barbecue Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7,508 of 23,234 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have been eating and drinking at Blades for nearly 20 years. It is warm, cheerful place with a great atmoshere nice staff, excellent food and drink. When he heard I had got engaged, Germano (the owner) gave us champagne on the house!

1  Thank Howard T
There are newer reviews for Blades Barbecue Restaurant

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I went to Blades on Saturday evening with 3 friends. We are the older generation and were treated like royalty. The food was great as was the atmosphere ,and with our tastecard very reasonable. Our waiters were Sameen and Edvardo who were very attentive, we even met the chef Lawrence who was great. Germano the owner also came and introduced himself we told him we had enjoyed the meal but the starters are to big. A great evening, food was excellent and the atmosphere and staff great.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were a large party, and while the food was enjoyable it was quite pricy. But maybe that's just Putney prices!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I went to this restaurant this week with my boyfriend- despite moving into the area 8 months ago and only living a 5 minute walk away we still hadn't been! Now we have tried it we can't believe we waited so long!

The food was delicious- I had the mushroom soup to start and the swordfish for main. The portions were big and we didnt have to wait long for the food to be served. Both courses were delicious and I would definitely order them again. My boyfriend had the steak and said it was one of the best he'd ever had. The prices are reasonable for london (bottle of wine £18) but we use the Tastecard and saved over £30. Total bill was just less than £60, for 3 courses, wine and lots of bread. Great value!

The service was also brilliant- the waiters couldn't do enough for you and were very attentive.

Overall a great night and we will definitely be going back!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Been to Blades recently with 2 friends all of us italians, I cannot complain about the food I must say it was good, other matter was the service and atmosphere, was very poor. The staff and ,I guess among them , the manager/owner Germano were commenting on all the customers and in certain occasions swearing in ital-english, of course we were understanding and hearing everything as just seating next to the till. Even if food was good and I just live next door i wont go back for any reason.

2  Thank antonio G