“Delicious and unusual”

Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Delicious and unusual”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

A group of four of us visited the restaurant on a weekday evening and were the only people there the whole time. This would usually have been off-putting, but there was some great music playing and we had a good catch-up.

Considering there was no-one else there, service was incredibly slow. However, the food was worth the wait and luckily we weren't in a rush.

We ordered a variety of dishes which were brought out individually then dished out onto a sour pancake spread over a giant tray. I've never been to Eritrea but it seemed authentic and the food was all delicious. The waitress also modified our order slightly so that we had four dishes that worked well together - I would have been annoyed if it had been a favourite dish but I guess she knew what she was doing!

Would recommend for small groups of friends to make the most of sharing.

• Visited June 2014

London
“Our favourite restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Me and HelBel love this place. We always order the mixed platter (with no broccolli!) and it is a bargain. A huge sour pancake (injera) with lots of different piles of delicious things to mop up (and extra pancakes round the edge). They are always willing to bring more if needed. The stews and curries are delicious. The last bit when all you have is soaked pancake is great too! Have an Ethiopian beer to wash it down.
We have never failed to enjoy it and the lady who runs the place is lovely.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Omegacds
“Family feel, family food - just lovely!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stumbled across this place by accident years ago, and I'm so glad I did. The food is so tasty, even for someone new to Ethiopean food, like I was. The curries go so well with the wot traditional bread - but my favourite is the beef tibits; so spicy and delicious.
I've been with vegetarian friends and they are always happy with the many options available. Its fun if you like sharing a large plate with friends - who are comfortable enough to eat with their hands in traditional style.
Now that the place has been redecorated, I hope to see more customers there. The lady owner is so sweet and welcoming - and in the summer, I look forward to using the large outdoor patio area with barbecue!! Planning my next trip now.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Shezzzzy
“Indeed a great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I have spent there my birthday and the twenty of us has an amazing meal, which was not expensive at all. The waiters were really nice and accomodating with all my guests; i strongly suggest you try it out!

1 Thank Roberto L
London
“Exquisite vegetarian food in a charming atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Zigni house has a family atmosphere, with warmth and friendliness from the chef who came to our table explain the dishes, to the waiter, who served with great enthusiasm. We had the large vegetarian platter for two, which was outstanding. It is clear that the food is freshly cooked, and each vegetable was spiced in a particular and unique way. Colorful woven baskets and crafts decorate the room, and the music is lovely. We will be back!

• Visited October 2013