“Michelin star food at non-Michelin star prices”
Review of Latium Restaurant

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Cross street: Goodge Street
Transit: Oxford Circus
Description: With a kitchen full of seasonal ingredients straight from the most beautiful regions of Italy, Latium is wholeheartedly committed to the gutsy flavours of its robust Italian cuisine. This unobtrusively stylish restaurant, just a short walk from Oxford Street, has a smart, intimate ambience that together with the critically acclaimed menu has won it plenty of fans since opening in 2003.
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I have been to Latium countless times. I am Italian and like fine dining, and I find that the level of cuisine and the quality of the raw materials there are at least as high as at the Michelin starred and better known Zafferano, Locatelli, Semplice, only served at more reasonable prices!

The chef Maurizio Morelli offers a relatively simple, ingredient driven cuisine but backed by a very sound technique and a rare instinct for flavour balance and combination.

I used to live in London and be at Latium every week. Now that I live in Scotland, when in London I explore various exciting gastronomic venues offered by the great city, and they change every time, but my fixed port of call remains one, and that is Latium.

5  Thank thoughtfuldiner

Reviewed May 29, 2011

Please, please, please do not be put off by the exterior of this restaurant - i nearly was, but arriving at the last minute and having the confidence of all other TripAdvisor reviewers knowing what they are talking about took myself and 2 business guests through the door.

The interior is understated but very nice. The staff are all very attentive. The lunchtime menu was perfect, giving just enough choice, and very reasonable.

For business lunches and romantic dates i would recommend this place every time!!

Across the road from the Sanderson Hotel and a short walk from good shopping and nightlife.

Reviewed May 25, 2011

I went to Latium with two colleagues from work for an impromptu lunch. I was surprised at how busy the restaurant was for a Thursday lunchtime; we were lucky to get a table. The place was buzzing but, despite being busy, the service was excellent. The most impressive aspect however was the quality of the food. Everything from the scent and the taste of citrus, to the flavour of the olive oil, took me back to my summer holiday in Italy; it truly was the authentic taste of Italy. This restaurant is very good value. Another reviewer has described it as a hidden gem; I would endorse that description 100%.

2  Thank TJR65
Reviewed May 24, 2011

great food - excellent prices
the atmosphere is chic and cool
the food is delicious
the waiters are knowledgable (told me all about which regions the olives came from - the freshly squeezed olive oil (delicious) the assorted breads from different regions!
will go back for sure

Reviewed May 20, 2011

A group of 8 of us went, not one bad dish. Food was unbelievable, service was great.
Atmosphere was lovely, and it looks a lot better than the picture on the website.

We even tried eachothers food so I can honestly say that everything we ordered was great!

I will definitely be going again!