“Shambolic service combined with overpriced food.”
Review of Villa Bianca

Villa Bianca
Ranked #2,538 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I visited this restaurant on a Sunday night for a friends birthday and found it to be truly apalling. Our starters took over an hour to arrive, the main courses didn't arrive until 10 o'clock with most of the orders incorrect and half our table's food had to be send back for being stone cold. The waiters did not seem to understand English and were truly incompetent the whole evening. The manager did not apologise at all for the service and was rude, arrogant and patronising when dealing with any complaints. The dishes were also very basic and completely overpriced. I would stay well clear - there are far better Italian restaurants in London for more reasonable prices.

2  Thank W100145

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Villa Bianca has been around for many years. If you are lucky and go a day that the owner is not there the staff will give you a reasonable food be it at exorbitant prices. The repeated negative experiences have proven to us that the owner is only keen on customers of northern European decent. His level of animosity on the last occasion was so bad that we had to leave the restaurant without ordering. Defiantly not a place to take children or for a family meal.

4  Thank Kshakib
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My carnivorous cousin took my vegetrarian self to Villa Bianca where we dined outdoors upstairs on the balcony on a balmy July evening.

We were both spoilt for choice by the varied, slighty retro menu. My cousin always opts to sip semillon blanc or similar while I'm strictly shiraz, so a fine selection of wines by the glass meant that our divergent of tastes were well-satisfied.

The food was excellent and the service attentive but never intrusive.

Thanks to my generous cousin, I don't know what our bill was but menu prices were mid-scale. For the quality of the food and the overall pleasure of the dining experience, my impression was that Villa Bianca offered extremely good value.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Visited one evening with a group of friends. We were seated upstairs near the pianist which was very much a mixed blessing!!
Service Ok but a bit by the numbers . No real sense of engagement or interest. We had starters and mains. I am always uneasy with restaurants with too large a menu feeling that the food cannot have all be freshly prepared in house and that there must thus be a lot of frozen/ purchased in food. Villa Bianca in my view falls into this category .vast menu of tried and tested Italian golden oldies with no nod to the season or daily specials. This in the middle of Summer when wonderful fresh produce available.i would always prefer to see 3-4 starters 6 -8 mains and desserts that change to reflect freshness and seasonality. But they know their customers I guess.
The food was not good - aubergine starter had been fried in some horrible oil that tainted the flavour of the whole dish and the risotto with cepes came without but with supermarket button mushrooms and therefore none of the wonderful woody flavour and aroma of wild mushrooms. Other dishes looked similarly unimpressive. Wine - awful sour vinegary. When we complained we were told this was how it was supposed to taste!!
The prices are high for a very ordinary local Italian and the wine prices a joke.This place has been here forever and is still going strong so I guess it must have a loyal local clientele. Perhaps there are enough people in Hampstead who are prepared to sacrifice decent food for the pleasure of being known and effusively greeted by staff ?

2  Thank Mmctee
Reviewed August 21, 2013

great food, great restaurant, always a nice atmosphere - cute little terrace which you can eat on if weather permits this! ....super fast service, attentive waiters - im a big fan, only issue is parking can be a bit difficult - so allow time to park!!!

1  Thank Gemsy83