“Groovy Groovy Groovy!!!!!!”

Ranked #6,855 of 22,659 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Throw decadent, uptight dining out the window and think cool, chic New York bars, filled with pizzas, tapas style sharing plates and delicious hand crafted classic cocktails by expert mixologists. Unwind after work with a glass of wine or craft beer from our new menu as day becomes evening. By night, Sway turns into an adult playground, serving sumptuous drinks in a New York style party atmosphere across a multi sensory and unparalleled late night experience. After a £1million refurbishment the venue is split across five unique rooms and experiences, including a brand new, bespoke club space, two VIP rooms and a stunning late night cocktail bar. Each features state of the art sound and visual, incredible entertainment and a high-energy, eclectic soundtrack courtesy of London's finest DJs. Our menu showcases classic cocktails alongside premium Champagnes, Spirits, Wines and Craft Beers. We offer VIP tables bookable Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights served by your own personal waitress, as well as private areas and Guest lists for each event. Welcome to the brand new Sway. Opening times: Monday - Wednesday: 11am - 12am Thursday: 11am-1am Friday & Saturday: 11am - 3am Sunday: Closed, available for private hire
London, United Kingdom
“Groovy Groovy Groovy!!!!!!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

As usual it was my job to organise the work Christmas party and just like last year there was the added pressure to ensure my team of 40 were all kept happy. I booked Sway because it was local to work and within crawling distance of many hotels. Having heard great things from friends I quickly became aware of bad reviews on trip advisor and started to panick. the sales team ensured me all was sorted but I was still concerned. How wrong I was. the food was simple but perfect for us, cooked well and came along with great service even though the club was extremely busy. But once my team hit the light up dance floor in the Groovy Wonderland room there was no going back. We partied until 3am drank too much and laughed too hard. It really was a cracking night and we will 100% be going back next year. If you want a fun, easy going, stress free evening I would deffinately recommend, as would the rest of my team.... well what they can remember :-)

London
“Long, long wait for drinks!!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I came here on Wednesday night in a group of 27 for the xmas meal. (I didn’t organise this).

The restaurant and bar were VERY busy and there were only 2 bar staff. For the first round of drinks I waited 15 minutes (6.15pm) and for the second round of drinks I was at the bar at 6.45 and waited until 7.20 to be served!! I understand that the bar was busier at this time as everyone was trying to get the 50% drinks in before they finished at 7 – but I think a 35 minute wait is a joke! The most frustrating part was the fact that other people were coming up to the bar afterwards & being served first even though we were telling the staff we were here first! I also didn’t appreciate the fact that when we mentioned to one of the bar staff that they were serving people that came to the bar after us, we overheard them saying to the other server – tough luck they have to wait! I wouldn’t mind if we were waiting fairly! We complained & still received the drinks at 50% off – so we should have!! But received nothing else for the bad service!

Meal was very standard – starters were fine, but one steak came out as well done when ordered as medium – we just left it as we couldn’t be bothered with the fuss of trying to sort it out. This is all I noticed in our part of the group, but there seemed to be some pretty filled plates left!

After the meal we went to the ‘club’ bit – by this point we were all merry & I did enjoy this bit!

I am rating this as a 2 purely because I still cannot get over the fact that they only had 2 bar staff on such a busy night, serving drinks to those at the bar & also to those eating.

Chertsey, United Kingdom
“Great Christmas Party”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Very nice place. Not too noisy and the food was very good-one of the nicest steaks I have had in a while and the fruit salad was fresh fruit. Great fun with the Karaoke-not usually my thing but I managed a couple of numbers without being booed too much! Party really went with a swing. Would be happy to go again.

london
“swayed the night away!!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

When i fist booked in i was a bit wary as i had read some of the bad reviews on here. However do not pay attention to these reviews! I had a great night which went very smoothly. I reserved an area with the polite sales team who also gave me a free bottle of wine and decorations as it was my birthday! On the night i did have to wait to get in as the que was quite long but once in i got shown to my area which was a great size for my group of 10 people. My platter and drinks was brought out within 10minutes and the food was yummy! I partied the night away in groovy wonderland....the flashing dance floor was my best friend that night!

Deffinetly would go back and had a fantastic night!! Cant wait to go back for new year with scott mills!!!

London, United Kingdom
“Great night at Sway!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I travelled down to London from Newcastle for the weekend with my girls and had the best time ever!! My friend who already lives in London booked us all christmas dinner and then we danced the night away in Crystal.We were welcomed with a bubbly reception and the dinner was on time and very very nice!We then went down in to Crystal bar were we had an area it was amazinggg!!!! the atmosphere was great the only thing would be is that it is very busy but clearly because it a great club!Will definately be gong back.