“outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hafez Restaurant

Hafez Restaurant
Ranked #770 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Luxembourg
“outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Great food for value, great choice. Nice place where you feel cosy. A must-go place if you like well grilled meat and middle east flavours. The service was very good too, and in summer you can eat outside (small front door terrasse).

Visited April 2013
1 Thank MAlbertoS
Farshid54, Owner at Hafez Restaurant, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear MAlbertoS,

Thank you for your positive review. It's good to hear that you enjoyed your visit and think we offer great value, great food and very good service. We hope to see you again soon.

• Arabic first
Singapore, Singapore
“Amazing and mouth watering kababs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had the Hafez Selection of Kababs.
The highlight of the food was the Kababs which had One skewer of tender, succulent ‘best end’ lamb chops, one skewer of tender boneless breast of chicken and two skewers of finely seasoned hand ground shoulder of lamb.
The Kababs simply were mouth watering..............yummy loved it .. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Amitabh B
Farshid54, Owner at Hafez Restaurant, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Amitabh_B,

Thank you for your recommendation and review.
As Head Chef, I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our charcoal grilled kababs. They are indeed our speciality and have been since we opened 30 years ago this year. We hope to see you again on your next visit to London
london
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

A quirky yet beautifully designed restaurant in notting hill... I ordered the mirza ghassemi for an appetizer and it arrived delicious and warm with home made naan. For my main course, I ordered the fessenjan on their menu (a khoresht dish made with chicken, walnut and pomegranate sauce-- they had vegetarian option for this as well!). The fessenjan was absolutely amazing and was well balanced with its ingredients-- not too strong on any one of its flavors, and the meat was deliciously tender. I definitely recommend this dish while there because, as it is difficult to make, many Iranian restaurants do not serve it and Hafez served up the fessenjan perfectly!
Our waiter was also wonderfully kind and sociable, and the owner walked up to each table to ask his customers whether or not they enjoyed the food. Despite being small and packed, the appetizer and course arrived in perfect time.
I am Iranian and have spent my time visiting other Iranian restaurants while in London, but this has by far been the best. They heed to the atmosphere as well as the food, and that made my experience all the more enjoyable. I will definitely go here again, both for the amazing meal and for its cozy and welcoming atmosphere! I recommend this restaurant for anyone wanting to enjoy a good Iranian meal. To those who have never tried Iranian food before: this is where you need to go!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank nedss
Farshid54, Owner at Hafez Restaurant, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Nedss,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and positive review for us and for your recommendation. It's great to know that as an Iranian you recognise and appreciate the effort we make to serve delicious, authentic food that reflects the best that Persian cuisine has to offer.
I am especially happy that you also valued our service and enjoyed the ambience at Hafez.
I will relay your comments to our staff ,as I do for all our reviews and hope to welcome you back soon.
“Well worth a 200 mile round trip!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Visited on Monday evening 25/03/13 with family, 5of us. We didnt book but a table was sorted for us quickly even though it looked full.
Had a mix starter - warm Persian bread with a selection of dips, Baba ghanoush, salad olivieh (which was a favourite), pickles, hoummus and a tzatziki. All delicious!
Ordered a mix kebab platter for all five of us with saffron rice- lamb cutlets, saffron chicken, and the most amazing lamb kofte we have ever had! Very tender!
Had some nice wine aswell!
Thankyou so much for making our trip from Peterborough well worth the journey! Wish they delivered!
Will be returning soon!

1 Thank Strawberrylife
Farshid54, Owner at Hafez Restaurant, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Jentots 88

Thank you so much for your review -quite an accolade and very much appreciated. As owner and Head Chef I was very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your visit. It does mean a lot to our staff when they hear such comments. We hope to welcome your family back to Hafez in the future.
“Good food, poor services”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I went to this restaurant a few weeks ago while visiting London. The food was ok, but poor services.Waiters need training.

1 Thank Marcelo1572
Farshid54, Owner at Hafez Restaurant, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Marcelo 1572

I am sorry to hear that you felt our service did not live up to your expectations but I am very puzzled by your remarks, especially as feedback from our customers is quite the opposite. I sent an email to you via Trip Advisor requesting that you let me know which day and time you visited so that I can further investigate but so far you have not replied. I'm sure I can echo the feelings of many small business owners who are subject to detrimental comments from anonymous reviewers. You are of course entitled to your opinion but it is more helpful for both parties if you can voice any concerns at the time of your visit when we will do our very best to rectify the situation. If you do not feel able to do this at least give the business owner the chance to further investigate with the aim of making an even better experience for future customers.