“it feels a bit like New York”
Review of Cristini Restaurant - CLOSED

Cristini Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: stanhope terrace
Transit: Paddington Tube, Lancaster Gate
Description: A warm candle-lit atmosphere and soft piano music in the background is what you will find at Cristini. The new Manager, Angelo Grazioli believes that it is the simple things that please the most. To achieve this, he offers a selection of Italian starters and fresh homemade pasta along with a wide choice of main courses made using only the freshest and personally selected ingredients and featuring monthly speciality dishes. All this is accompanied by an extensive wine list which Angelo delights in recommending with true Italian passion and gusto. The staff are attentive without being intrusive making Cristini a cosy neighbourhood and a smart destination restaurant for fine Italian food, a romantic Dinner for two, a quiet place for important business lunches or a perfect dinner party setting for special guests and occasions.... LIVE JAZZ MUSIC EVERY WEDNESDAY NIGHT
Reviewed October 15, 2012

small tables in a cozy, comfy setting. service is friendly and very good, a better than average wine list and the food is wonderful and the portions are not small.

1  Thank SteveSaxon

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Surprisingly small restaurant, a little cramped for our table for two ! My chicken dish was very pleasant my wifes pasta dish average! The menu is not extensive but some interesting options! Did think the wine which was "fairly" pleasant was a little expensive at £34.00 though! Over all it was a pleasant enough evening but at over £90.00.....would i recommend it? Probably not!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Staying at a B&B nearby, and wanted to get something to eat for dinner. Reviewed the menu briefly before taking a table. The place was empty upon arrival, and upon leaving an hour later. Only one other table occupied.

I ordered a Chicken dish and a Spinach Salad. The Chicken dish was original, and very tasty. It was however a bit on the small side, and only included some light vegetables on the side. The Spinach Salad was actually cooked spinach with a bit of parmesan cheese on top. I was expecting crisp, fresh spinach with some kind of dressing.

I mentioned that to our waiter, and he seemed completely disinterested. I do not know if he couldn't understand me (he did seem to be from Italy, conversing in Italian with his co-worker), or didn't care, or some of each.

In the end, water, bread, two chicken dishes and two spinach "salads" (my wife and I each had the same thing) cost 50 pounds ($80), including the included service charge. I'm not a cheap person, but that seemed a little excessive to me.

The service was very good. I do not know if that is due to the 1:1 ratio of Server to Table, but it was good.

Might go back, but only because it is 1 minute away from our B&B.

1  Thank Brian M
angelsomething, General Manager at Cristini Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Hello There,

thank you fur such an honest review :)

usually our thursday night are the quietest of the week but the "downside" is that we get to take better care of the customers who choose to join us.

I do apologize for the misunderstanding about the spinach but the reason of our surprise after your comment was that on the menu it says "sauté spinach" which implies they're cooked.

We do hope however you'll choose to come to Cristini again at your next visit in London,

Best regards,

Angelo Grazioli

Reviewed August 6, 2012

1. Overall- too small place.
My girlfriend liked it, but personally i was disappointed.
The final bill has some conplex pricing structure, which needs to be 'explained' n finally i had to trust the owner's judgement that he has not charged me for dishes i had not ordered.... Frustrating, and embarrassing...
To top the embarrasment, the final receipt was present to the lady/ or left on table , which lady picked up n read, whn i was outside, on a telephone
Tables were shaky ( for a place which charges a bomb , such things are not expected, in a small cornershop for £5 pizza , perhaps i wont evn notice)

2. Food-its ok, nothing extraordinary

3.value- greatly disappointed as the peices are ridiculously high for the experience!!
4. Service- order taking and food delivery, calling a cab- if these are the services thn its ok 10/10.
But for a fine dinning experience, shaky tables, incomprehensible billing, and worst- letting the bill on table whn man is nt around, is hardly a service.
Its a corner shop or mcdonald experience
5. Atmosphere-
Too cosy ( small) for my personal choice.

Overall its ok but not for the price !!!
Two people's dinner costing £100
I wd really want imppacable service, we pay for 'experience' not for just food, which one can get fm any takeaway.

angelsomething, General Manager at Cristini Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Hello Sir,

Please allow me to apologise for your bad experience at Cristini.
As you may remember I have apologised about my honest mistake of presenting the bill while you were not at the table; I feel bad for having accepted your generous tip when you left.
I did feel that I explained the bill thoroughly hence my surprise when you say you had to trust my judgement on it.
If your opinion of Cristini is about my honest mistake, the shaky table and the price, please allow me to apologise again and I hope however you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves at your next visit.

My Best regards,

Angelo Grazioli

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Saturday night and it was perfect. Small restaurant,cosy ambience, friendly staff who know their food and drink...the place oozes Italian atmosphere. i wanted a quiet location for a surprise dinner and the staff could not have been more helpful or obliging. The food was excellent, high quality, and cooked superbly. A great find; I loved it and would go back again.

1  Thank Alafur