“Good food but noisy!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had a reservation at Oliveto on a busy Friday night. The place was lively, packed and noisy!

Our meals were very good: mista verdure (grilled mixed vegetables of sweet peppers, zucchini, eggplant & fennel), tagliatelle with prosciutto & cream sauce, pizza salsiccia and semi-freddo nougat with chocolate sauce. Delicious!

The delicious Sardinian food might have lured us back but the noise level in the room was a deal-breaker. It was not very pleasant. Maybe we can time our visit when it's less busy.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

There is no better pizza than that at Oliveto, which is one of Mauro and Ashley Sanna's wonderful chain of Sardinian restaurants in Belgravia/Pimlico.

Friendly efficient staff, all very very Italian indeed and a spectacular choice of thin crust pizzas.

Also try the linguini al granchio...too fantastic made with the freshest of live crabs. Not still alive and kicking when they put the pasta on the table however.......

A very good choice of Sardinian wines to enjoy and although there are hordes of children enjoying their time out it is a very grown up restaurant.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Great restaurant of a small group of Sicilian restaurants in this area Oliviomare is brilliant (fish) But we wanted a Pizza and boy did we get the real thing, a week later The Daily Telegraph Restaurant reviewer ate here and gave 8/10. I agree the same score. We came in on a Friday just before closing at 15.00 and were still well treated, even though we were the last people there. Very much appreciated. Great service from the Manager and the Pizza chef is fantastic even though he doesn't use a wood fired oven.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I visited here with a few colleagues, midweek for lunch and the place was bustling. I thoroughly recommend booking a table to avoid disappointment. This place seemed to be very popular with suits and yummy mummies.

I ordered the Spaghetti Ai Ricci Di Mare (sea urchin spaghetti) that was very tasty but at a cool £16 I was quite happy someone else was footing the bill.

Oliveto is part of an Italian family of eateries and from what I have heard from others they do not disappoint.

Overall - good atmosphere, good food and pricey.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Every time we visit London this would be our first go-to place as a family. And we'd go a few more times during our trip cos my kids never get enough of their pizzas and pastas. For me and my wife we can never get enough of their crab linguine which is absolutely divine. My only small complaint is they haven't changed menus at all for the past 3 or 4 years! I'd love to see a couple of daily specials even if they don't want to change their print menu. Even their chef must be bored doing the same dishes over and over!