“Nice after theatre”

Indigo at One Aldwych
Reserve with OpenTable
Indigo at One Aldwych is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #549 of 22,808 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Transit: Tube: Covent Garden, Charing Cross
Description: Showcasing innovative food, courtesy of Executive Chef Dominic Teague, the Indigo menu incorporates the finest seasonal ingredients carefully sourced from the British Isles, and also happens to be entirely gluten and dairy-free. While the menu has an undeniably healthy appeal, it also features substantial dishes to satisfy the heartiest of appetites.
YVR
“Nice after theatre”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The room is very nice in Indigo, as you sit in a mezzanine high above the bar of the hotel below. It was a late after theatre snack we were after, and for two of us they have a make up your own salad with a nice selection seafood or chicken, or veg. A risotto and a Thai beef salad and couple glasses of wine, but pleasant competent service in a nice spot.

Visited October 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent service & good choice for a pre theatre dinner”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My friend and I booked a table in this nice & friendly restaurant in excellent position if you are going to theatre. We wanted to go for a pre theatre set menu with an offer of 3 courses and a glass of prosecco included.The offer is really attractive eventough the set menu wasn't so interesting, the offered courses were average nothing special and really simply cooked..honestly I could even cook them at home. Wine is pricy..one glass of average wine is £ 8-10. Nevertheless the service is superb and the atmosphere very relaxing. Next time I will definitely go back for a pre theatre dinner but I will choose a couple of dishes from a la carte for more adventurous flavours for the same price of three courses set menu.Staff amazing.

london
“Pre theatre dinner great, lovely mezzanine area”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great deal of pre theatre dinner excellent price, food great, we had starters of chicken liver parfait and mackerel , followed by monk fish , we did order extra vegetables. Excellent . Knowledgeable staff , lovely mezzanine dining area that over looks the lively lobby bar, very good we will return , I would definitely recommend to friends.

Toronto, Canada
“A wonderful spot for late dining”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We picked Indigo for it's late dining it's proximity to theaters. Reservations are recommended.
It's fine dining with the flare of a funky elevator that whisks you to the 2nd level balcony overlooking a busy main level lounge. The menu is fusion with a hint of California ( with decent sized portions). Elegant presentations match the excellent flavours. It's a foodies delight! Great wine list for all tastes. The service is practised and unobtrusive.
We'll plan to go here again on our next theatre outing.

Ripley, United Kingdom
“I would have liked more choice on the menu!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I didn't think I would be able to book a restaurant like Indigo at a few hours' notice for a Saturday evening. However, using a well-known restaurant booking website, I found I could choose any time I liked. We went for 7.30pm.

On arrival, we were shown to a lovely table right at the edge of the mezzanine floor. On one side we could look out on the Lyceum theatre and on the other side we could see the junction of Aldwych and the Strand. Below us, of course, was the very busy foyer bar of the hotel.

All three of us had a fantastic meal - no complaints there at all. The restaurant never filled up, which I thought was odd for a Saturday night. Perhaps it's simply because there are now so many good restaurants in this area compared to, say, 10 or 15 years ago.

My only criticism of Indigo is that its menu was not very extensive. I would have liked more choice on the main course. Apart from the ribeye steak, which I had, there was not one other meat item on the menu (apart from pork belly, which doesn't count, in my opinion). The restaurant's web site shows the same menu we were presented with, but that one also lists breast of Cornish lamb, which was mysteriously absent from our menus. That was a shame as it was partly the reason why we went to Indigo in the first place. The bill was was not particularly cheap but that was probably due to the Champagne we had. The cheapest bottle of wine on the list was £26. That's a bit pricey when you look at the wine lists of say, Delaunay or Balthazar, both restaurants of equal standing to the Indigo and both with wines starting at well below £26.

I think we'll try Axis next.

Visited September 2013