“Great food and service in an iconic hotel.”

Homage at The Waldorf Hilton
Ranked #3,482 of 24,264 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Afternoon Tea at The Waldorf consists of a mouth-watering array of delicate pastries, homemade cakes and scones with clotted cream and strawberry preserve. Diners can indulge in some luxurious champagne and choose from a wide range of distinct blends of tea, imported by specialist tea suppliers from around the world. The Waldorf, known as The Waldorf Hilton since January 2004, has an illustrious history and rich heritage dating back to its opening in 1908. Set in the heart of London's theatre land, close to Covent Garden, the hotel has attracted a string of stars from all over the world. Gertrude Lawrence, Sir Thomas Beecham, Elizabeth Taylor, Pavarotti, Pierce Brosnan and Dame Judi Dench are just a handful of show business icons that have stayed at the hotel. Open on select Sundays, Palm Court is the spacious, elegant and versatile heart of The Waldorf Hilton. It features an historic, impeccably styled interior, with fabulously restored balustrades lending an air of chic decadence and sophistication. Afternoon Tea Dance offers contemporary afternoon tea with a variety of finger sandwiches, freshly baked scones with Devonshire clotted cream and strawberry jam, delicate homemade pastry cakes and choice of many teas and infusions, a frothy cappuccino or a black coffee. A live 5-piece band will entertain with all the ballroom classics, while guests dance away on a Sunday afternoon in the historical Palm Court. All this is available for £49.00 per person only.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Booked a 3 course meal for 2 with a champagne cocktail for about £40 via Groupon and was very impressed. Service was fantastic and at the price we paid the food was great too. Drinks are expensive with the cheapest bottle of wine starting at £26 and a bottle of still water nearly £5, but it is The Waldorf!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I love the Waldorf Hotel London and have stayed there on many occassions and eaten there on quite a few more.
My son wanted to take me out for a special mothers day breakfast and we opted for Homage Grand Salon as it has always proved to be a winner in the past.
This time I was a bit disappointed as they didn't do anything special for mothers day and the service was not its usual top class.
The hot buffet breakfast was sparce in its selection and the fried eggs should not have been left on the selection tray as long as they were - they were like rubber!
I had eggs benedict which was pleasant and filling.
I think a hotel/restaurant of this standing should be offering something better than just a buffett at £22.00. A freshly cooked breakfast and maybe the offer of some sparkling wine for mothers day would have been a nice touch.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I booked directly with the Hilton Waldof for the three course set menu with a glass of prosecco. Our coats were taken to a cloakroom for us on arrival, which was wonderful. I had mentioned when booking that we were seeing Top Hat and would therefore need to leave at 7pm, so service was excellently timed. The prosecco, starters (crayfish salad/duck terrine) and mains (seabass/pork medallion) were delicious, the only reason I can't give more than 3 stars was the terrible cheeseboard! The cheeses were stale, as if they had been left out for some time. It's unfortunate as the chocolate cheesecake was simply divine! So in summary an excellent pre-theatre dining experience... just avoid the cheeseboard!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

had dinner at the Homage. Booked via the offer of 3course meal for £30 incl 2glasses of wine. As it was an offer i assumed the meal would be aversge and the wine cheap house wine. How wrong i was . The meal was gorgeous .I had cod my partner had lamb. and the wine was gorgeous too both the red and white. service wonderful and attentive . would highly reccomend.

1  Thank peterandpaul186338
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

We came via a bookatable offer which was 3courses & 2glasses of wine for £30,which was good value. We queued for 10mins before being seated even though we had booked & it was a early sunday evening but nothing too awful. However the food was average,both our starters lacked seasoning & any real taste to the dressings used,we both opted for the lamb for main which was actually lovely but tasted very much of liver??! which was a shame. Service was however good,although before the desserts came I had finished my water & my glass was removed from the table never to return. Apparently it seems you cannot drink water with dessert! Overall it was good value for money via the offer & a nice place to say you've been but we won't be rushing back.