“Yo Stinky!”

Yo! Sushi - Finchley Road
Ranked #14,274 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My kids make me go here because they have a conveyor belt. Gives my wife awful stinkies. I think the kids like it because it makes them toot really loud and they think that's funny. Yo Stinky recently moved from inside in the o2 Centre to the open-air part of the o2. This is really good because everyones stinkies now dont get trapped inside a small restaurant - they can now be shared with the poor people going in and out of the movie theatre. Of course, now there's a tooting competition between the stinkies coming from Yo Stinky and from Yoo Moo Yogurt. Overall, terrible food. So stinky. Yo Stinky!

1  Thank B L
There are newer reviews for Yo! Sushi - Finchley Road

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am let down, appalled and angry. A Sushi lover of great proportions means that I eat this cuisine often.
The O2 store and cinema complex is close to work/home so eating here is, effectively, my local.
For years the restaurant occupied a smaller area but had a fully equipped kitchen.
Now the restaurant has a new position within the complex which looks absolutely fantastic.
However, the downgraded food quality is the price we public are expected to pay!
It would seem that the only 'cooking' facility available to staff are microwaves which spit out pre-cooked and re-heated food from the bottom (until needed) and a few heating hob rings.
The vegetarian Miso soup smelled and tasted of fish which had gone off. It was dreadful.(Apparently it is now sent in containers rather than being cooked on site).
Chicken Terryaki looked like stained meat of indescribable recognition. I regret to review that I had to remove it from my mouth into my serviette as it tasted utterly foul (forgive the pun).
Noodles were cold and tasteless.
Tuna Sashimi and Nigiri was not of a quality and was terribly veined with sinew.
It was all, to be frank, awful.
Add to that the new introduction of 'set meals' and 6 new dishes served in new YELLOW coded plates at more than £6 each for a quantity of food that wouldn't fill the stomach of a 6 month baby (and a new Beef Terryaki dish that looked like something the dog left on the pavement) has rendered me unwilling to return.
I watched, again appalled, whilst kitchen staff prepared food without gloved hands. They scratched their heads, rubbed their chins, passed goods to customers and went back to preparing food without washing hands. We felt sick.
And why does this establishment send out the hot food on the belt WITHOUT a cover? The food gets cold and people cough and sneeze all over it. The covers have air holes in them so steam can escape? I don't understand this.
We NEVER eat uncovered food, and, it seems, from the amount that went round and round uneaten, nor do most people.
We all know business continue in their need to improve profit but perhaps it should be remembered that without the customer profit will be replaced by a liquidator - the human kind, not a machine.
Instead of closing the previously small area it should have been retained as a kitchen. Adding seating on the reverse side of current seating area would almost double the capacity eating so there would be a balance. If that's not possible then STOP serving inedible hot food.
However, I run my own business, not Yo Sushi. And those that do run it need a quick and thorough re-think. Absolutely dreadful.

1  Thank Cheryl G
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I ate at Yo Sushi because I had a long day at work and was tired. Needed something tasty light and filling and the maki rolls were just the thing. Service was good, renovated restaurant in O2 is lovely. A little pricey for fast food even with the special offers on that night but good and you can see the food being prepared right there.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Am a regular at Yo Sushi and have been to several branches across London, all of which have impressed both with the quality of the food and service. However, will never go back to the Finchley Road O2 branch. Dreadful, inattentive sub-standard service. Went on a fairly busy evening - rudely and dismissively shown to our seats. No menus handed to us and we eventually had to drag one of the staff members over to us to take our order. Clearly uninterested in our order, the waiter kept looking over our shoulder. Various items on the menu were not even able to be delivered in an 'open restaurant' environment, such as the O2. Various other items not available and the conveyor belt was almost bare. We overheard the couple next to us complaining as dish after dish came out incorrectly. We ordered 4 dishes, 2 of which never turned up. No apologies from staff when we told them - just that it had been happening all day long and one of the items ordered was not even in stock anyway. Useless. Left hungry and annoyed.

2  Thank ArjunChatts
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I usually have my dinner at Yo since it's near to my place. The service and food had been ok untill this last freaking time.

We were dumped at the table. No one seem to care whether we'd like to order some drinks, hot food and so on.

After waiting for 10 minutes, I looked around for a waitress and managed to get one. So, we ordered drinks but it never came.

10 minutes later, we were still waiting for our drinks and trying to call for the waitress (raised hand and pressed service button) to remind her about our drinks. Again, no one seem to care and no drinks had been served.

The waitress, instead of providing us with the drinks, went to serve a lady (sat at the next table) who asked for a glass of wine. The waitress went straight to get her order. But we, who ordered the drinks before the lady, continued waiting for the drinks.

Is it because we are Asians that's why we received different level of services??

So after the waitress gave the lady a glass of wine and was about to leave the table, we called for her attention. Finally, she came to our table and accused us for raising our voice at her (of which we did not!!!). She said that we "yelled" at her and tell us "not to do it again"

We decided to leave the restaurant immediately and just paid for whatever we had eaten (of which, shouldn't get paid because of this horrible service).

While we were reporting the incident to the manager, the manager was trying to cover for his staff because he was not informed of the full situation by the waitress. The waitress was trying to inform her manager that there were some misunderstandings with the orders but the fact is that she had forgotten to serve us with the drinks. However, once the manager heard of the full story, he did appologse to us.

And one last thing, when the waitress threatened us not to "yell" at her again, she said that "she had a long day and did not want to hear anyone yelling at her" Like seriously ??? What kind of attitude is this? How can she tell us off that she had a long day and this is the reason why she was not going to serve us properly. I wonder how many customers were unlucky to be served poorly by her when she was not in the mood to serve whenever she had "a long day".

If that is the case, she better quits the job because I dont think that this job is suitable for her. We, the customers, wouldn't know what the waitress have been through on the day. But since her job is to work and serve customers, this should not be given as an excuse not to serve us properly.

This is very inappropriate, unacceptable and very unprofessional of Yo!
We has been humilated and discriminated by the staff.

1  Thank vicky v