“Great Pub, Great Food, Great Beer- looks good!!!”
Review of The Royal Oak

The Royal Oak
Ranked #3,955 of 27,721 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Gastropub
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Description: Neighbourhood pub serving seasonal British food, Sunday roasts, local beers, fine wine and the best scotch egg you've ever tasted!
Reviewed August 17, 2018

Pub looks great and the food is amazing- great having a free house as well so variety of beers is good... will definitely be back!!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed June 20, 2018

After paid £6.10 for a pint with had no logo on the tap, had to beg to get a head on my pint as was looking very flat. Staff was very rude.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed October 11, 2017

This is usually rammed full of young millennial types having a pint of cider or fizzy lager after work... but we managed to find it on a quiet (Friday!) night, and got a table and ordered some food. I think it has been recently renovated, which might explain for the "slow night", but it worked for us!

I had 3 pints of fine ale - not one I had tried before, but the barman offered me the chance to try the two they had on. My wife had a gin and tonic.

It was fairly traditional pub fayre, but lovely nonetheless (although there was a lack of menus, and had to go outside to see what was on offer, on the board in the window!). My wife chose the bavette steak... and I had the fish and chips - which was very good.

Only negative comment would be that the bar staff - who were very friendly - struggled a little with what we wanted, and then in keying it in the till... and somehow I ended up with two pints at once (but saved me going back later!). I am sure that will quickly be resolved in time!

Total cost was £50 - two mains, three pints and a G&T - not bad for London!

We liked it very much and will return.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

Excellent burger & pint here.
Popped in on a Thursday afternoon - very quiet but a friendly welcome & fast service.
Just what I was looking for & would return.
Only 5 mins walk from Marylebone station!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

Visited this pub last night with the intention of having a meal. Nice selection of craft beers at the bar. Once seated though I observed a customer vaping a couple of tables away INSIDE the pub!
I relayed my observations to a member of staff who stated, "It's not dangerous."
I protested again but he did not want to know so we left without ordering any food.

Date of visit: August 2017