“Just horrible”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I used to go there with my partner when the food was very good and staff cared. For some reason i decided to give it a go and what a mistake. My partner did ask if they had fresh lemonade and the waiter so rude replied " no and stop being fussy" we were shocked but did not say anything
I order a glass of rose and coming from the south of france i love my rose and the one they served me tasted like vinegar when i shared my feedback with same waiter, he took the glass back saying i did not know what i was talking about.
Then the food came. We ordet the tomato with avocado mozarella. Tomato was very hard same with the avocado, the all dish was blend. I sent it back. We then had deep fried calamare with whitebait and mussels. I had a bite and yet again send the dish back. The all dish was extremely oily and the mussels nearly made me sick.i also sent it back. Then we had melon with parma ham. Parma ham extremely hard and dry. When we tried to share our feedback with same waiter. He shouted at my girlfriend calling her a liar and stupid. We were wrong and did not understand italian cooking. When i refused to pay service charge it called the police and i told him that the service charge is optional and i was in my right not pay it. The staff are very much still in 1925 and did not realise that things have changed and i was not asking for any favour but i just wanted to share my feedback. Maybe the owner has to realise what is happened there when he is not there. There is a reason why this restaurant starting to be empty. Food very average but staff absolutely horrible. Staff should remember who is paying their salary.

1  Thank zaire78

Reviewed May 2, 2014

It's a no nonsense Italian restaurant, great for a pre Chelsea match. Had great scallops & zucchini fettuccine earlier this week.

1  Thank james b
Reviewed April 17, 2014

On walking in the restaurant I was pleasantly surprised that it was so lovely. We received a walk welcome. The food was wonderful. Especially the seafood pasta. The atmosphere good, service good. The waiter also vey helpful. Definitely recommend a visit.

2  Thank Zarghamy
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Where was the famed Italian welcoming warmth? Wherever it was, it was not in this corner of King's Road as the service could only be described as mechanical. Considering the prices the food was okay and possibly a bit more but definitely not at a level between good and great. For the amount charged it was NOT value for money. The waiting staff need to remember where their wages come from. If they were dependent on tips for their salary, starvation would soon be looming large. Overall unimpressed. The owners / managers need to get control, wake their staff up, get rid of the deadwood, then they may have a chance. Until this happens, we will not be returning.

2  Thank beurwolf