“Excellent Indian”
Review of Karma

Karma
Reserve with OpenTable
Karma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,631 of 23,677 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Description: Open Monday to Friday, 5.30 PM to 11.30 PM!
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Hidden in a back street behind Olympia Exhibition Centre ..... Excellent and interesting Indian cuisine. On the night I was there a bit noisy due to a few large groups from the exhibition centre. I will be back.

2  Thank DBOR1

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I am usually not a fan of going to Indian restaurants as they never live up to my dad's cooking but this place is definitely an exception. I have been here twice now and last time took advantage of their 'frequent flyer' discount making it possible for me and my friends to order a mix of starters, a main course each (I ordered 2) and a couple of drinks for around £20 a head.

There's an interesting range of regional Indian dishes on the menu which made it very difficult to choose one thing, but my friends and I were particularly impressed by the lamb biriani, (which is why I had to order a 2nd). Decor is very smart and the atmosphere is nice and relaxed. The restaurant is a little hidden in the small streets of west Kensington, however is literally only a couple of minutes walk from Kensington station and therefore easy enough to find for first timers.

I have been recommending this place to all my friends since my first visit and will definitely be going again.

1  Thank Nazim H
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Karma was recommended to me by a trusted colleague who frequently raves about it being the "best Indian food" he's had outside of India. I had heard excellent things about the service and the variety of dishes in particular, and I'm glad to say I was not disappointed.
The Nizami Biryani was a pleasant surprise in the way it was cooked in the unique traditional pot sealed with a tasty naan bread. When this seal was broken for us at our table, the dish erupted its truly mouthwatering aromas. The succulent Hariali Chicken Tikka was also a delight. For a group of three, the bill was almost half of what we had paid at other Indian restaurants- whose food was no where near as good. The icing on the cake was the "Good Karma" loyalty card which gave us 50% off next time! Would definitely go back even without this offer- cannot recommend enough!

1  Thank SunnyK8
Reviewed July 28, 2013

An excellent Indian restaurant with attentive waiting staff and delicious food. A little bit pricey perhaps, but well worth it for the quality of the menu.

1  Thank MattB_186338
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Having grown up eating various kinds of Indian food at home, and also having enjoyed it all over the world, including in India, I am quite critical of it in restaurants. I was pleasantly surprised therefore by Karma. The food was eclectic, not from just one region of India. We ordered an assorted platter of appetizers (including an excellent mint-infused chicken, and tasty if a little tough lamb chops), a delicious Goan shrimp curry, an aromatic biryani and a daal which went very well with the naans we ordered at the end. We had to skip dessert because we were so sated by the meal. Highly recommended, and affordable too!