“Emperors New Clothes....”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge
Description: Zuma in London's Knightsbridge offers a sophisticated twist on the traditional Japanese izakaya style of informal eating and drinking. The ethos behind Zuma is to deliver an authentic, contemporary flavour of the east, while respecting the traditions of the past.
Castleford, United Kingdom
“Emperors New Clothes....”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We went here last week, with a larger group of 10, and it was expensive and I ate hardly anything. At 11am, due to some licensing law, the lights go on, and thanks very much, its last orders.

As the table was a 10, you order, and the plates just get put into the middle or edge of the table, so you may see your dish, but someones grabbed it before you can say "its mine". As a vege, I wouldnt even bother coming here - I got to eat vege tempura (this was not my choice of venue).

At 11pm, the moody lighting is exchanged for the normal bright lights, as its, ding ding, last orders, so no more wine for you!

I just felt that the food was not the quality I was expecting, the service was so so - I had to keep asking for my wine glas to be filled and for more water, and there are so many restaurants in London that the sheen will disappear & it will need to up its game to keep going....

• Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
York, United Kingdom
“ummmm unbelievably dreamy food....”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Gosh what can I say about Zuma....it's buzzy and exciting the minute you walk through the door. The bar is always busy ...this is my third visit as we usually go to their sister restaurant on Charlotte Street. My Daughter brought a close friend and we sat at the low bar...so exciting working your way through the menu ...we shared a plate of sushi ....squeeky fresh fish....I had never tried raw sea bass but it was yummy with salmon and scallops ...all heaven . We had the loin chops with aubergines and the small prawns... really such excellent food.... The service is always tip top ...very attentive staff and I love to watch the chefs preparing and cooking the food in front of you....We will always probably come to this one as basically it is minutes from our stomping ground ...Harvey Nichols , Sloane St and leading down to Chelsea...Love it....!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Serena-Antonia
surreybased
“Quick meal”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Had only a short time to eat so went at 6pm and sat around the sushi bar. Food was great as normal. Service brilliant. Could not ask for more. Is still one of the best.

1 Thank surreybased_9
London, United Kingdom
“good sushi quality but all in all overrated”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

the restaurant offers a good quality of sushi and a nice cocktail/wine menu. i have read a lot about the place and expected it to be one of the best sushi restaurants in town. even though the food was great we didnt enjoy the evening as much as we had hoped. apparently you have to reserve 2 weeks in advance although that didnt seem to be a problem after letting the concierge reserve, so no different to any of the other "exclusive" places but not very nice when guests call and are almost laughed at when trying to make a reservation. the service at the place itself wasnt too nice either. i would not call it bad but definitely not what you would expect from the restaurant. to us it seemed that they have a bit of an arrogant attitude towards clients and if you are not someone who appears in the magazines once a week, you get kicked out of the place as soon as your time for the table is up. there are nicer ways of treating clients.
the food however, as i said, was good, the fish very fresh and as well the cocktails delicious.
instead spending my evening in zuma i would rather go to one of the other sushi restaurants with the same quality but much nicer service.

• Visited January 2013
Limassol, Cyprus
“Great Japanese food...”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was recently taken to Zuma for lunch by some friends during a visit to London. a very pleasant experience. Great food, but not only sushi/sashimi for those who prefer something else.

Visited January 2013