“Not as good as other locations!”

L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon
Ranked #918 of 27,051 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Drawing on Joel Robuchon's internationally renowned culinary expertise, already accredited with several Michelin Stars at restaurants throughout the world, L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon's philosophy is based on serving simple cuisine of the most exceptional quality. This London restaurant has been awarded Michelin Star, as well as 3 AA Rosettes, establishing it as one of the most exceptional places to dine in London. The dishes are predominantly French with Italian and Spanish influences. The dining experience at L'Atelier is an interactive one. On the ground floor, the eating counter surrounds the entire kitchen where the food is prepared. Robuchon sees the immediate benefit of this Japanese-inspired layout to chefs, as one can gauge the reaction of clients, and even converse with them whilst they watch their food being prepared. Please note, last reservations are taken half an hour prior to closing time. Dress code: Smart Casual, shorts are not permitted.
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

We thought their London branch would be a top notch, but it was not... Dining room was not nice. Too much food smell, too warm and with not a tasty decoration. Food was very good, but not with same standard of their other locations. Same menus and similar prices, though and consistent food presentation. Service was nice, but confusing and as they took 15' to bring us a glass of wine, they offered all beverages we had for free - that was nice, but wouldn't be necessary if they were more organized. Be aware they don't open their main dining area (traditional counter seating) on Sunday nights - we had a 1st floor table seating.

Date of visit: September 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (2,099)

Reviewed September 14, 2017

Lucky enough to get in on the act 8th July
Homemade bun waggu beef patty home made tomato sauce home made mayo black tomato and onion
Crinkle cut fries
Burger cooked by the chef in front of a full house, dressed for the occasion (what style) as my companions and I sat on high stools on the roof terrace decked out in verve clicquot livery(no less) sipping a cool beer.It looked lush we were so excited looking forward for its arrival and finally when it did eventually arrive...it did not disappoint if ever you get the chance drop in
Simply the best burger I've ever had and at £15 each a steal

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

The food is 5 stars. Service is 3. Ambiance is vey nice, no views. So here is my concern about the service. Heavily accented captain at our table made it difficult to understand our food selections. I am not a Philistine but "quail" should not unintelligible! The food on the other hand is superb and the recipes are both inventive and delicious.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

Wow I love this place.
Firstly super clean and welcoming.

The waitress service on the aperitif was slow.

That is my only fault.

The food was amazing. Beautifully presented, quality outstanding, taste superb.
Yes I loved it all.

We had the tapas. 4 dishes each. Very filling.

Beautiful Barolo wine.

I can't fault the food at all. The famous mash was divine very rich and indulgent.

I will return soon. Xx in London or abroad.

I sat near the kitchen and every dish coming out looked amazing.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed September 9, 2017

Had an amazing dinner here. Menu has changed since my visit, but the Foie Gras and Steak Tartare are out of this world! Staff was friendly, but not more.

Date of visit: October 2016