“Superb value for pre- or post- theatre”

L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #532 of 22,808 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Drawing on Joel Robuchon's internationally renowned culinary expertise, already accredited with several Michelin Stars at restaurants throughout the world, L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon's philosophy is based on serving simple cuisine of the most exceptional quality. This London restaurant has been awarded Michelin Star, as well as 3 AA Rosettes, establishing it as one of the most exceptional places to dine in London. Robuchon's menu delights the palate with clean insightful flavours and refreshingly understated presentation. The dishes are predominantly French with Italian and Spanish influences. The dining experience at L'Atelier is an interactive one. On the ground floor, the eating counter surrounds the entire kitchen where the food is prepared. Robuchon sees the immediate benefit of this Japanese-inspired layout to chefs, as one can gauge the reaction of clients, and even converse with them whilst they watch their food being prepared. Unlike the sister restaurants in Paris and Tokyo, the London restaurant also has another 20 seats where diners can sit opposite each other. Meanwhile, La Cuisine on the first floor offers more traditional restaurant seating in a setting that could be likened to dining in the kitchen itself. Wherever you are seated you will enjoy the highest quality food in an informal, convivial environment. Valet parking is also available. Please note, last reservations are taken half an hour prior to closing time. Dress code: Smart Casual, shorts are not permitted.
Vancouver, Canada
“Superb value for pre- or post- theatre”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We arranged (day of) for an early supper after our matinee show. I love sitting at the kitchen bar, and so our seats offered us an additional "show" :) We decided to order the set menu "pre-theatre" special, two courses plus the wine pairings.
Amuse bouche of fois gras with port wine reduction and parmesan foam set the tone for our meal. Mackerel tart left my partner wanting a more substantial mouthful. I appreciated the egg cocotte with mushroom frickasee. Our mains, beef cheek and lamb shoulder, definitely met our carnivore needs. Wine pairings were spot-on.
We shared one dessert, a delightful fig carpaccio with nut crumble and pistachio ice cream. With the paired wine, of course :)
Service was slightly slow, but attentive enough, definitely not overbearing. As we were seated at the bar, it was pretty easy to attract a server's attention, just not always our own. Manager checked in with us on two occasions.
Would definitely return. My friends at home are jealous.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent french food”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Food was amazing and the staff friendly and helpful. The ambience was excellent as well and it was a very enjoyable evening.

• Visited July 2013
Manchester, UK
“Good food, poor service”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I went here with my partner and some friends recently. While the food was excellent, especially the lobster main and the foie gras burgers, the service was very poor - to the point of being insulting considering the cost of the meal and the stature of the restaurant. It took an age for the Sommelier to arrive and she didn't make much of an effort to match some wine to our meal - she generally seemed a bit flustered and out of her depth. The restaurant was under staffed for a 2* Michelin and this had a serious impact on our dining experience.

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, great accommodating staff, lack of A/C”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I came for our 2 year anniversary a couple months ago. There was some issues getting in but the staff worked very hard with us and we were very pleased with their attentiveness to our needs.

The food was amazing (we did one of the smaller tasting menus and still left stuffed). The service was great. The only thing I could improve was the fact that their A/C was broken, and it was a rare hot day in London. But beyond that, it was a great anniversary meal.

• Visited July 2013
Towcester, United Kingdom
“Lovely dinner!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Ive been meaning to write a review of this place for a little while.

Me and my other half went for dinner here before going to see war horse, it was found for us by the concierge at our hotel.

For starter I had something with boiled eggs (sorry cant remember the name of it!), main course I had spaghetti and for pudding I had profiteroles. My other half had pate for starter, risotto for main and ice cream for pudding. Everything was 100% spot in, quickly delivered. One of the best dinners I have ever eaten. Plenty of vegetarian options, which is a big bonus for me.

We spent 2 hours there, and could have spent a lot longer which is unusual for me as I normally like to eat and leave! Great décor and atmosphere.

My 4 star review is a little harsh, as our food was gorgeous and the staff were fantastic, no doubt about it. The reason for 4 stars instead of 5 was that when I was sat down I was given an amuse bouche of froie gras, which is more than a bit of an insult to a vegetarian! The waiter was extremely apologetic and immediately replaced it with a vegetarian equivalent (which was delicious) but I don't agree with froie gras at all, I believe it to be unethical. Everything else was 100%

• Visited February 2013