“almost perfect”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Drawing on Joel Robuchon's internationally renowned culinary expertise, already accredited with several Michelin Stars at restaurants throughout the world, L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon's philosophy is based on serving simple cuisine of the most exceptional quality. This London restaurant has been awarded Michelin Star, as well as 3 AA Rosettes, establishing it as one of the most exceptional places to dine in London. Robuchon's menu delights the palate with clean insightful flavours and refreshingly understated presentation. The dishes are predominantly French with Italian and Spanish influences. The dining experience at L'Atelier is an interactive one. On the ground floor, the eating counter surrounds the entire kitchen where the food is prepared. Robuchon sees the immediate benefit of this Japanese-inspired layout to chefs, as one can gauge the reaction of clients, and even converse with them whilst they watch their food being prepared. Unlike the sister restaurants in Paris and Tokyo, the London restaurant also has another 20 seats where diners can sit opposite each other. Meanwhile, La Cuisine on the first floor offers more traditional restaurant seating in a setting that could be likened to dining in the kitchen itself. Wherever you are seated you will enjoy the highest quality food in an informal, convivial environment. Valet parking is also available. Please note, last reservations are taken half an hour prior to closing time. Dress code: Smart Casual, shorts are not permitted.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I always go to l'atelier de Joel Robuchon, in Paris and London. On our last visit in London i was only able to get a table at la Table, on the 1st floor. It is the same food, almost the same menu as l'atelier on the ground floor.
Service almost perfect except for a waiter who tried to give me a bit of an attitude, but i immediately responded and things went smoothly with him.
I started with the crispy prawn and then the mini burgers. The prawns were excellent but i was a bit disappointed by the burger, i though not up to standard.
However my 2 guests were impressed and enjoyed every bite of their dishes.
Robuchon is one of the world's best chefs and his restaurants never fail to deliver. The burger issues is probably just a matter of personal preferences i guess.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Located 5mins from Leicester square, near the Ivy. We ate at the bar in front of the kitchen which enabled us to see the food being made. Service was attentive and friendly. Had a flavoursome Salmon starter, tasty Lamb spit roast & Breton crepe with sorbet. Food was good and we were looked after, only negative was there was some miscommunication with one of the French servers. However overall recommended for the experience!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I am a big foodie and travel all over th world sampling fine dining restaurants. To date Joel robuchon is arguably my number 1. I have been eating at Robuchon for about 5 years with my most recent visit on valentines day. As always the food was amazing and the service impeccable. I always opt for the smaller 'tapas' style dishes - and they are always exciting with a great flavour mixes and cooking techniques. Anyone I have ever introduced to this restaurant has been thoroughly blown away by the atmosphere and overall quality.....the only downside is it can be a bit pricey - expect £75-£200 per head for dinner depending on appetite and drink

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I must admit that prior to my visit, i wasnt expecting a meal that would satisfy my (large) appetite, I was settled to be more excited of the experience....

This restaurant is very chic, although very dark, it felt very special...
I wasn't looking forward to "seating on a stall at a bar to dine"
But the "stalls" are very comfy high chairs, the bar is also large enough for you to dine(and watch the talented chefs).

Some reviewers complained of the "loud" music, I must admit,the music is at a higher pitch than most restaurants, it most definitely was not "loud" or at all uncomforting.

The food was on the "small" side, but was out of this world! The ambience was calm but buzzing.
After our meal we went to the bar (top floor) and just relaxed and had a few drinks an finished off with tea and deserts.

You felt special at this restaurant, if you had any requests, they would accommodate, and you are never rushed....
Would definitely return (and yes my large appetite was fulfilled) :)

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I ate with my girlfriend for Valentines lunch and had an amazing meal. We had the set lunch menu which was a 5-5-3 menu with wines with each course. The amuse bouche was Royale of Foie Gras with port reduction and parmesan foam. An explosion of flavours to set up a superb meal. My girlfriend had Puy lentil veloute for starter and I had Ox cheek with wasabi. Main course we had Scallops baked in their shells and caramalized pork belly with brocolli (which was essentially like creamed brocolli). The puree was spot on and totally complemented the pork belly. Only I had dessert and I had a classic la religiouse (incorrect spelling I know). Classics are classics because they are amazing right! The desert wine was also excellent. Similar to a port but chilled and complemented the desert perfectly. Would be amazing with chocolate or cherries. Carline (I think her name was), our server was very informative and professional. Perfect meal to set up the rest of our day. Highly recommended to anyone. Thank you.