“Wonderful atmosphere”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Description: Levant restaurant in London's West End is so much more than a Middle Eastern eaterie. Nestled between bustling Oxford Street and Marylebone High Street, it transports you via a unique experience to more exotic lands. The interior of this ultra-atmospheric restaurant and Mezze Lounge are decked out in bold colours with sensuous fabrics and authentic details, softly lit and saturated with the aroma of gently-burning incense. The authentic Lebanese menus from mezze to grilled fish, meat and fresh salads offer a myriad of spices, textures and flavours. Belly dancers perform every evening to add to Levant's sensory treat, and at weekends a resident DJ samples cool beats until the early hours.
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Good food. Served in special dinning sets. Good music. Arabic night on Fridays. Live music and belly dancers show. I like it after 10 pm is the best time to be there. Quality drinks by professional bar tenders. .

1 Thank Manuk311

• Arabic first
London
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We celebrated my boyfriends birthday, all was great, food, atmosphere, venue, belly dancing. My only criticism , on my reservation online i have requested a birthday plate, which was never delivered, which was not a big problem but a bit of pity. It was my second time in Levant, and obviously not the last one !!!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Begemotiiik
Edgware, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere and drinks. Average food”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I am a huge fan of middle-eastern cuisine, and the food from Turkish/Lebanese restaurants probably make up half of my diet. My friend knows this very well and thought I might like what Levante had to offer.

Upon walking in I must say I was very impressed. Large, clean space with suitable golds and reds everywhere. There seemed to be different areas of the restaurant for couples, family meals and Shisha.

As we sat down on the comfy chairs we were handed the drinks menu. Cocktails were maybe a tad pricey at 9.50 each but were probably some of the best cocktails I've ever had. The waiters were quite keen to take out order but I preferred this to waiting ages to get served.

Not a bad choice of food with sections for Fish, Veggie, and Meat. We ordered 2 starters and 2 mains. Not bad, but nothing that really stood out for me. All the dishes we ordered seemed to have a lemony / sumac element to them. While they tasted ok, I would have liked some more variety and spice. The dishes were tasty but have had better at much more modest restaurants in my area.

At 8.30 the belly-dancers arrived. Really added to the atmosphere of a great evening and they got some of the crowd involved as well.

Overall, a good looking place that I would visit again and possibly recommend to a few friends.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Nazim H
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“10 years on”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I've been in Levant when they first open!Still going on and I love it.Service was good and food is not bad,but decoration is fantastic!

1 Thank tatjana k
Reading, United Kingdom
“Top Lebanese in London”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went here after a graduation ceremony in London for late lunch. Was a very lovely & relaxed meal - fantastic menu choices, nice ambience, reasonable service & lovely taste. 2 of chose the veg set menu option & 2 of us went for a la carte lamb & chicken dishes. The breads are amazingly hot & tasty. Be sure to leave some space for the mint tea & baklawa dessert - absolutely memorable. We left feeling fully satiated. Good I didnt have to be at the wheel on the 1.5hr drive back. The best Lebanese I have tasted in London!

1 Thank StevShan