“Cannot cope with a large group!”
Review of Levant Restaurant

Levant Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Levant Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,797 of 22,557 Restaurants in London
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Description: Levant restaurant in London's West End is so much more than a Middle Eastern eaterie. Nestled between bustling Oxford Street and Marylebone High Street, it transports you via a unique experience to more exotic lands. The interior of this ultra-atmospheric restaurant and Mezze Lounge are decked out in bold colours with sensuous fabrics and authentic details, softly lit and saturated with the aroma of gently-burning incense. The authentic Lebanese menus from mezze to grilled fish, meat and fresh salads offer a myriad of spices, textures and flavours. Belly dancers perform every evening to add to Levant's sensory treat, and at weekends a resident DJ samples cool beats until the early hours.
“Cannot cope with a large group!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I went to Levant as part of a hen do with 25 other ladies. We had a reservation for 9.30pm, but only managed to be seated at 10 pm. The group was left standing around waiting to be seated, and when it was time to be seated, the waiters were rushing around frantically trying to fit everyone into a tight space. The restaurant was also pre
warned of a person that had a nut allergy, yet seemed completely oblivious once we got there.

I am Lebanese, and found the food to be of average quality compared to other Middle Eastern restaurants. I also found the Mezza starters variety limited compared to other restaurants with set menus.

The entertainment consisted of belly dancers performing for only a few minutes, and the remaining time it was background music played. Most other Middle Eastern restaurants will have a richer entertainment programme for a Saturday night. And belly dancers would Interact and dance with people.

Waiters were rude, never apologised for the delay and lack of organisation. The whole experience felt rushed. It seemed like they were not capable of dealing with a large group, nor recognise when to apologise to a customer.

Would not recommend for any special occasions especially on a busy Saturday night.

2 Thank VioletteDS

• Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
“Nice place just to have a drink and a wiggle, wiggle!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

1) Hard to locate not enough signage as this place is tucked away.

2) Good decor, very nice presentation. Great ambiance, a bit too dark though!

3) Food wasn't really good,booked a table for 14 people. Luke warm food. Not great when it worked out to be nearly £40 per head. Drinks were ridiculously expensive but that's London for you.

4) Staff could have been a lot more observant as we tried to talk and flag them down to take orders, near to impossible.

5) Belly dancers were awesome. The DJ could have been better though.

Great place to come out for a drink but I wouldn't bother with the food except for maybe starters.

3 Thank G N
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Amazed at the "Horrible" review”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I first discovered this restaurant about 10 years ago (gosh is it really that long!) with some friends and we go back less regularly than we all would like. I recently returned and I wasn't disappointed. The atmosphere was warm and lively, the food was as good as I remember, and the waiting staff were attentive but not overly so. My friend and I on this occasion hadn't even booked, we just phoned up to check availability as an afterthought as we drove by, and we were accommodated even though it was a busy time of the evening. They even had the belly dancers on which I didn't think they had during the midweek. This is by far my favourite restaurant in the UK and the standard has never waned or let me down. The only complaint that I have is that during festival times they have set menus which tie you into a cost that you might not necessarily want to afford such as around Xmas (expected) and St Valentine's (ghastly). But have no illusions, the usual menu prices are high but value for money in my opinion, and they are probably competitive in the West End fine dining market.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank ColinW83
London, United Kingdom
“Fab lunch, dented the wallet”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Had a great lunch here with my wife and son who is 3.
we went for the alacarte feast where you choose 5 mezze and mains and dessert.
the mezze were excellent, the falafel is especially good and the wings are superb.
Had salmon and mix grill for mains, both were well spiced and very tasty. the dessert on 3 tier tray with fruit was lovely and over all every thing was as expected... really good.

in terms of service the whole experience stretched to 2 hours and this was because of the service staff being busy setting up for evening, i didnt mind though as we were having a great time.
we had 2 non alcoholic cocktails and partly due to this they final bill hit £98 which was perhaps £30 more than I thought it would be...
still this place has a wow factor about it and I would definitely return, albeit on special occasions only!

• Visited November 2012
Berlin, Germany
“Horrible”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I felt really cold as we were not welcome the atmosphere although of the loud music was really sad as I can see no smiles and miserable staff.

After we have been directed to a table and we have been given the menu another waiter came straight in less than five minutes asking us if we are ready to order.. we weren't ready but I did ask the waiter if he has any recomendation.. I felt he came from no where in this buseniss and not sure if knows what in this menu.

After all it was unpleasant night which make me do this comments, HORRIBLE PLACE AVOID IT

• Visited October 2012