“A very good surprise”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Camden
Description: Jamon Jamon is a contemporary Spanish tapas bar with friendly service and casual surroundings. Camden Town Tube Station is just a short walk away. There is a varied Spanish tapas menu including, meat, seafood and vegetarian options, along with an extensive Spanish wine list and fine Spanish coffee. Jamon Jamon in Camden offers authentic Spanish dining at great value prices.
London, United Kingdom
“A very good surprise”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I wasn't really up for going into that restaurant at first because of the awful clubbing music playing... My boyfriend really wanted a paella though so he managed to convinced me. First good impression, all the waiters are Spanish. We are quickly seated to our table. We decided to go for 3 tapas while we waited for our Mixed Paella. We had the tortilla, some Pan Tumaca and the Garlic Gambas which were soooooo yummy! The Paella then arrived and ok it's not a paella that you would get in Valencia but it was very good! We managed to eat the whole thing.... Our bottle red of wine was nice too but I forgot the name.. We payed around £60 so it's not too bad. They even take the taste card during the week, so I'll know for next time!
Just hope they will change the horrible tech/house music!

1 Thank Chrysteria64

• Polish first
“worst paella ever”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I am not one to complain, but on this occasion I feel I must.

I had the unfortunate luck to stumble across your Soho restaurant last night, enticed by the Tuesday special offer of Paella for 2 for £15. This sounded ideal, as we were after something different and non-fussy for a low key mid week dinner.

The service in the restaurant was great - we were quickly seated and our order taken efficiently. We were advised that the paella would take 30-35 mins and so decided to order a jug of sangria and snacks (olives, bread and mushrooms) to be going on with. This all arrived very promptly.

Unfortunately, the Sangria did not taste as though it had the 'wine, spirits and liqueur" as stated on the menu. Although quite refreshing, it was not authentic, or very satisfying.

After the designated 30 mins the Paella arrived (we had ordered the seafood one). The fish was practically inedible. The white fish was bone dry (and boney), the tiger prawns were burnt, and the mussels were so rubbery they were almost solid. Miraculously, the squid seemed to be OK. I'm glad the dish came with plenty of lemons as this was the only thing we had to bring some moisture to the dish. The red peppers would have brought a beautiful flavour to the dish had they not been burnt onto the side of the pan. Overall, the dish was simply overcooked (even the peas). It was as though it had been left under the grill/in the oven for too long (is it conventional to even put a paella in the oven?!)

We conveyed our concerns to the waitress when we asked for the bill and sought advice as to where we could leave feedback. She shrugged her shoulders and suggested the website. I would have expected her to take our comments and pass them onto her colleagues (or at least offer to do this). Instead, when we gave our comments she just laughed and gave us a very insincere apology. Although she offered us a complimentary coffee, we had got to the point where we just wanted to leave the restaurant and so declined the offer.

It is just so disappointing to go for a meal out and pay good money for something we could have cooked better ourselves at home (and I haven't even cooked one before but I know what an overcooked prawn looks like). To top it off, we were given a card to get free tapas on our fourth visit to the restaurant in 2 months. Needless to say, I have only used the card to contact the restaurant to complain and will not be using the offer.

Seattle, Washington
“Perfect taps”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Tapas and dry fino sherry were my choice, but don't be put off by the sherry choice. My daughter and I had an early evening snack of anchovies, serrano ham, and olives before a later dinner. The tapas are just wonderful and my daughter who had been here a few times recommends the rest of the menu as well.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank JacquelineB228
London, United Kingdom
“my camden favourite”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Always a treat , although I live quite near , it always puts me in a holiday mood and transports me back in time to my visits to spain . There are always lots of spanish having sunday lunches here too to make it feel authentic . Excellent wine [ recommend the prado rey] and my partner said the serrano jam was one of the best plates . What we ate [ all tasty and just like remember from living in barcelona ] ; pan tumaca [ cant get enough tomato bread] , queso selection , tomato salad [ yes they actually tasted of tomato ] , tortilla , patas bravas , calamari , and best fried courgettes .... being rather gluttonous we also had a flan and solo espresso and a great lepanto brandy ... I know there are more fashionable tapas joints in town ; all chefs rave of barafino and fino but I actually hated their arrogance and I really dont want to sit on a high stool and watch others quickly eating stuff like razor clams . This is much more of a relaxing , take time , people watch , have fun with friends family type of place . We plan to be back very soon , for another long long lazy lunch , next time for paella and sangria .

1 Thank claire m
Emsworth
“Best courgettes in town.”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Love Jamon Jamon - superb food, superb service; 3rd visit Definitely would go again and highly recommend.

Visited March 2013