“A lovely evening”

Le Sacre Coeur
Ranked #910 of 23,234 Restaurants in London
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A traditional French bistro snuggled into the heart of Angel in Islington. Cosy, warm and welcoming, this kitsch and quaint bistro is one of the oldest French restaurants in the area and has built up a reputation over the years for its traditional yet indulgent menu. As such a characteristic and memorable place, Le Sacre Ceour is the perfect venue for private parties
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Great atmosphere and food, really good value. Would come back and recommend any day! Special mention to the excellent creme brûlée.

1  Thank GMY94
There are newer reviews for Le Sacre Coeur

Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

We took menus and the price was something like 20£ each..not bad. Very Good food, low price. Nice place and Excellent service!

1  Thank Mira A
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Had another excellent meal at Sacre Coeur. Whenever I am in London I make a point if visiting. The good is excellent and very reasonably priced for London. The steak I had was perfectly cooked. This place really is a little hidden gem.

1  Thank Andrew G
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was my first visit and I chose to go with my wife on a hot Saturday evening. The restaurant was packed to the rafters and we were squeezed in between 2 groups of 6 so I was expecting a loud night.

I ordered steak frites and my wife lamb and both were tender and succulent. The portions were also very large so we could not force down a desert although they looked great as well from the mountains of sweetness passing my seat.

All in all good food at a good price just don't expect a relaxing meal or a romantic night out !

2  Thank Adam L
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

This little French restaurant in Islington never fails. I've eaten here a few times this past year as it's my friends favourite lunch time treat. Today I had the goat salad and the beef stew, both delicious. My friend had white bait and escargots. I've never had a bad dish here and the lunch menu prices are very reasonable. Would I come back? You bet with bells on!

1  Thank 773Neil