“Characteristic Charm, Amazing Food and Great Service”
Review of Le Sacre Coeur

Le Sacre Coeur
Ranked #582 of 24,268 Restaurants in London
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A traditional French bistro snuggled into the heart of Angel in Islington. Cosy, warm and welcoming, this kitsch and quaint bistro is one of the oldest French restaurants in the area and has built up a reputation over the years for its traditional yet indulgent menu. As such a characteristic and memorable place, Le Sacre Ceour is the perfect venue for private parties
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I booked Le Sacre Coeur for my sisters hen party last Saturday night and from the very beginning, the staff were one of the friendliest bunch of people I have ever dealt with. Very accommodating and patient with my many demands. On the day we were running late, I called in advance to let them know and they reassured me that everything would be ok. Once we got there we were on a very tight time schedule and they brought the food out very quickly and did not compromise on quality. Everyone said how amazing the food was and how great the service was. Everyone is looking forward to going back. Great find. Thank you very much.

1  Thank Hannah R

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Amazing food, friendly service. I had a boeuf bourguignon and my girl friend had a coq-au-vin. They were delicious delicious.

1  Thank Raimond1
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful London eve. Being lucky to get a table outside terrace. Had a lovely meal. Crab to start and duck leg as a main. Great, smiling service by Anthony. 2 people meals with bottle of wine less than £50. What else you would wish??

2  Thank MelissaKon
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I used to come here quite a lot years ago and the food was always excellent. Real hearty french bistro cooking, a delicious mouth-watering menu, I particularly used to enjoy the entrecôte steak with garlic butter. I came here the other night after a few years and the food was totally insipid. The white bait starter might as well been frozen and the main of entrecôte and fries with a blue cheese sauce was the most tasteless steak I have ever eaten (you could get better rump from Tesco!). The sauce was bland and tasted pre-made and the fries were mildly better than mc D's. Service and ambience still good but without the food that counts for nought!

1  Thank Luc C
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Great place to enjoy good French food in Islington. Recently visited after a long time away and the food was as good as ever. They also take the tastecard so half price meals during the week.

One reservation is the restaurant can get very noisy - try for a table near the front to avoid this. Having said that I'd go back in a moment - lovely service and great food.