“A nice little restaurant on a side alley near Kensinton Palace. ”
Review of Arcadia Restaurant

Arcadia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Arcadia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,738 of 22,557 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Description: An eccentric Italian restaurant in the heart of London���s upmarket Kensington, Arcadia is a welcome change from the hushed atmosphere and all-white d��cor of the area���s usual dining offerings. Bright and outlandish, the surroundings here at Arcadia are anything but neutral, with murals on the walls, quirky colour schemes and character aplenty. Likewise, the service is friendly and cheerful, the staff laughing along with guests as they dart from table to table, serving food and topping up wine glasses. Arcadia���s bustling kitchen is the origin of an all Italian menu of authentic classic dishes, all with a homemade, traditional flavour with most items made in house, including the fabulous hand-prepared pasta featured in a wide array of the dishes. A bit of a hidden gem amongst the many typically Kensington-friendly restaurants, the Arcadia is packed with personality and authenticity, providing its guests with an always memorable fun and colourful dining experience including high quality food, a good selection of drinks and a relaxed atmosphere.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“A nice little restaurant on a side alley near Kensinton Palace. ”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

The food is good and reasonably priced. The staff is attentive and friendly. Glad we stumbled on it. Plus they had my favorite wine- salice salentino.

Leicester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bellissimo”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Little Italy in a side street in Kensington. The ambiance was superb. Although the restaurant was busy with a stream of customers throughout the time I was there nothing was too much trouble for the staff. True Italian waiters who were patient enough for me to try out my Italian.

The food was superb & I can state some of the best i have eaten outside of my numerous visits (at least once a year) to Italy. I ate the Risotte & White Chocolate Cheesecake which I can confim was delightful as advised by the waiter whilst my friend had the spaghetti.

The Pinot Grigot was at the correct temperature with the lemoncello a delight to finish the meal. I will certainly recommend this restaurant to others & will be visiting again.

Thank you for a lovely day.

• Visited May 2013
“Worst meal I can remember”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This place is opposite a small prezzo and benefits from overflow custom. It draws you in with promise of reasonable price set menu. But the menu is limited and the full menu is very expensive. In the end I did choose off set menu. Soup was disgusting and greasy, with a crouton that was in chewable. Main was a tiny portion of spaghetti - overlooked and bland sauce. The peroni beer was warm. To top it all there was a compulsory service charge.

I should have waited for prezzo or gone to Kensington high street for better choice.

• Visited May 2013
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Dreadful Ruined Our Evening”
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

What can we say, Firstly my husband was served with his starter. Finally he ate some of it cold as had been waiting for mine to arrive. Mistake ! The waiter forgot to order it. Hence a very long wait and I also ate alone and my husband had been unhappy with his anyway.
Then the main course ! It did not get any better as my husbands order was lamb but this was not what was put in front of him. It was returned and once again it was my turn to eat first while a second attempt was made to correct my husbands order. Finally after I had finished eating mine my husband received his lamb dish . Oh dear we could not believe it but the knife could not cut through it.
I asked a waiter if he would kindly show us how we ought to cut the lamb into mouth sized pieces. Having looked at us stupid he confidently took the knife but failed miserably to cut into it. The whole experience was just unbelievable and demoralising especially as insulin had been taken prior to food that was not edible.Our evening was waisted, we had to look for some food elsewhere for my husband before returning to our hotel room. Yes and with 2 small glasses of wine, we still paid over £40 for what I had been served. There were no genuine apologies whatsoever. Never have we had such a frustrating experience

Visited April 2013
Bristol
“Splendid”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

A charming Italian restaurant situated just off the high street. The service was impeccable and the food absolutely gorgeous.
The atmosphere made us feel very relaxed and the food cooked to a very high standard. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited March 2013