“Birthday party”
Review of Plateau

Plateau
Ranked #323 of 22,516 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, European, British
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs
Description: Plateau Restaurant and Bar & Grill offer stunning views over Canary Wharf. The restaurant serves French cuisine with a contemporary twist from Head Chef Jeremy Trehout, while the Bar & Grill offers more informal cooking in a relaxed setting. There are also 2 lively bars, 2 private dining rooms and 2 stylish terraces.
“Birthday party”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic restaurant and birthday venue! Amazing food, beautiful views and the best service!! Thanks again for a most memorable evening!

1 Thank KJanis
Dear KJanis,
I am glad you enjoyed the birthday party at Plateau and I hope you will be back again.

• Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb and charming evening.”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Yesterday evening I had one of the best dinner in London.
It was not just about food, which was absolutely delicious, but the environment, the staff and the attention till the smallest detail is remarkable.
We were sitting in the restaurant were the superb view of the square is the protagonist of the entire scene. White marble table, green cushions, perfect mise an place and very welcoming staff introduced us to our dinner.
Our waiter Daniele, very charming, showed us the menu and the wine list. Drinks were been served promptly and all our "picky" questions about the menu were been explained perfectly. He knew how to explain all the detail on each dish, very remarkable! The sommelier Pidi suggested the perfect wine based on our tests and the food ordered.
We had the duck breast, the beef fillet and the saddle of lamb. All the dishes were well presented and perfectly cooked. The flavors and the seasonal ingredients were absolutely delicious.
After we ordered two desserts to share, mango cannoli and figs carpaccio. The marinated figs were fantastic and the mango ice ream was delicious.
Luca, the manager, came to the table and asked about the dinner: we could only thank him, Daniele, Pidi and all the staff for the outstanding dinner. Thank you, we will be back.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mela5660
Dear Mela5660,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback online following your recent dining experience at Plateau. It makes me feel really good seeing that you thought food, environment, the staff and the attention till the smallest detail were remarkable. Thank you for praising Daniele, Luca and Pidi; they certainly do a great job and we are very proud of them.
I really hope you will visit us again in a near future.
“Brilliant French experience”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I've been dining yesterday at Le Plateau with my boyfriend to celebrate his new job. We already had dinner here but in the grill section. This time we decided to go for the restaurant menu. Not too many words to describe it, but amazing.
Our server, Samuel, french guy, has been very professional but friendly and turned our whole dinner in a culinary experience we will certainly repeat.
We had scallops with squid ink and that was just amazing; I'd never thought I could eat raw scallops!
As mains we had rabbit wrapped in pancetta and salmon with girlies for myself. Delicious!
But what really made my day was the dessert. Strawberry with lemon cake and elderflower jelly.
So fresh and tasty and light...just perfect!
The only negative point, my swiss chard, definitely too salty.
At the end of the day, great atmosphere, good french food, perfect customer service.
Will 100% come back!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Looney2012
Dear Looney2012,
I am delighted to see that you had a brilliant French experience at Plateau recently and that
you enjoyed the dishes and the atmosphere. Thank you for praising Sam, who certainly is a valuable member of our team.
I hope to see you again soon.
Zabbar, null, Malta
“Unforgettable Experience”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Every time in London a visit to The Plateau is a must! A unique restaurant with excellent service, mouth licking food and relaxed atmosphere. Looking forward for our next visit!!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Roderick V
Dear Roderick,
I am grateful for your positive comment online and I am glad that you thought Plateau was
a unique restaurant with excellent service, mouth licking food and relaxed atmosphere! I am looking forward to welcoming you again in a future.
Regards
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good french inspired cuisine”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Used a value deal from top table and did not regret. Food was tasty, well presented and the service was as good as you can get. Cosy atmosphere which would be great for a first date.

Kim S, General Manager at Plateau, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear James.
Top Table offer is certainly a good value for money with tasty dishes.
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and I hope to see you again.
Regards