“Great breakfast in East London”
Review of E Pellicci

E Pellicci
Ranked #41 of 23,707 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We are an authentic family run Italian cafe that has been focusing on providing freshly prepared home cooked meals since we opened our doors over 100 years ago. All dishes are available all day from freshly cooked breakfasts/muesli/fruit to homemade pies served with hand chopped chips or homemade pasta dishes and a variety of other meals . Or, if you prefer something lighter we offer freshly prepared made to order salads,sandwiches and ciabatte. Pease note we will be closed for our annual holidays from 1st August for 4 weeks and re open on Tuesday 30th August 2016.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

A small but very warm and hospitable place. The owners are some of the most hospitable and welcoming people I have ever met. They are there to greet you with a big smile and make their proposals about breakfast. We had a full English breakfast which was very good. The quantities are more than satisfactory and the quality is the same as that of homemade food. A truly nice breakfast experience that is highly recommended.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Been coming here for over 30 years and it just feels like home. Great food, relaxing vibe, charming, funny staff. Interesting mix of customers too. For me, it's just a genuine bit of London at its best.

1  Thank Sarah G
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My other half took me here for my birthday as she read about it in some 'must do' list. I have to say i was skeptical at first as the local area is not where I would ever think to eat out. Managed to get a seat straight away, which we quickly realised was not normal. First of all the atmosphere is amazing, very friendly and you realise very quickly that this place is not so much about the food but the experience. Don't get me wrong I had a great cooked breakfast, great coffee and freshly (very fresh) squeezed OJ. However, if you manage to venture here and get a seat you won't regret it. I don't live near here, but i will definitely return at some point. It was all topped off by the extremely friendly staff who gave us some cake baked by mama herself to take away, free of charge. Wandered along the street afterwards full, happy and munching on delicious free cake.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Don't expect any frills here - but do expect delicious good value home cooking and a uniquely friendly atmosphere! We can see why there's a host of regulars and why people make a special trip to visit too!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Pellicci's was recommend to me by a friend who had been there before and I was not disappointed- the food was excellent, the service prompt and the atmosphere warm and inviting. It was crowded and warm in the restaurant, and while I would normally be put off by that, strangely it just added to the happy bustling feel of the place. It was my first time traveling internationally and I was with friends- and Pellicci's was a great way to kick off our trip. They made us feel like family and even sent us off with a freshly baked bread at no charge to celebrate our vacation. I left happy and full- the English breakfast is a dish I recommend trying!