“Nice Sardinian restaurant in Belgravia...”
Review of Olivomare

Olivomare
Ranked #1,648 of 23,992 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Looking for Italian and settled on the Olivomare based on a recommendation from a local couple I had met a couple nights before. Sparse, all white environment that is not really all that harsh as it turns out. Small place with reservations recommended. Tight placement, much closer than we are used too in the States, but your in Europe now bunky....Every thing is all fish at the Olivomare. Go to the Olivocarne is you want meat. Or the Olivo for pizza. All of them within 3-4 blocks of each other. Service was as expected for a higher end restaurant. I had the Sardinian stew and that was very nicely presented and I enjoyed it. Expensive though. I had a starter, main with 1/2 bottle of white wine and dessert for 70 pounds. If your eating in the Belgravia area you will find pretty much these higher end restaurants. This one is worth a visit if this is in your price range..

Reviewed September 6, 2012

The decor of this italian restaurant is very, well, modern. Not our taste because it's all white and you feel more like in a space shuttle than in a cozy italian restaurant.
The service was a little confused, forgot things we ordered etc.
The swordfish/tuna etc carpaccio was good, also the burrata but the main course was not well done.
I had to return my spaghetti, got a new one but inbetween my friend almosz finished his fish. His fish didn't come prepared so he had to pick out the bones himself which wasn't easy in the darker light.
All in all we were disappointed and wouldn't come back. You'll find better atmosphere and food...

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Three of us lunched here last week. It was a really enjoyable meal. The room is very modern and minimalist going on spartan but it grows on you. The menu is exclusively fish and is really interesting. I had Sea Urchin to start which was sparklingly fresh and simple - served on ice with crostinni. My Wife had a "braesola" of Tuna, our guest Burrata con Bottarga (mozarella with Mullet roe). For mains we had Spaghetti with lobster, Baked Sea Bass with black olives and Fritto Misto. Lots of very delicious looking dishes passed by - including gorgeous chargrilled prawns. Everything was excellent. The staff were efficient and helpful. They provided good wine recommendations. The wine list has a number of Sardinian wines. This is goiong to become a regular place to lunch and the other restaurants in the Olivo family look interesting too. It wasn't cheap (about £70 a head) but we had a deal of wine and one felt that the money had been spent on top ingredients so it felt like good value still.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

A visit to Olivo Mare will strike a chord if you love seafood and Italy, and in particular, the fare of Sardinia.
This restaurant is a white, sleek space where the food is colourful and the star of the show. If you are a red meat eater stay home and light the BBQ.
As a seafood lover, I was unable to choose just one entree and one main course as there were many dishes that sounded mouth wateringly good on the menu. However, I chose…
Burrata con Bottarga - creamy buffalo mozzarella, grey mullet roe and cherry tomatoes.
Burrata is a fresh Italian cheese, made from mozzarella and cream. The outer shell is solid mozzarella while the inside contains both mozzarella and cream, giving it an unusual, soft texture. Heavenly!
Lorighittas con Vongole – traditional handmade pasta with chilli, grey mullet roe and clams.
The name ‘Lorighittas’ derives from the original shape of the pasta, similar to a ring. In Sardinian, ‘Sa Loriga’ is the word for ‘iron ring’ that was once fixed to the walls of the local houses to tether the horses when the men returned from the fields. My pasta was too “al dente” for my liking but there was no question as to the flavour and freshness of the vongole.
Both dishes were well prepared and presented and the ample portions meant that we were unable to fit in dessert.
The staff were friendly in that “off hand” Italian way and responsive to our requests. My companion did not want fish on the bone and the waiter skilfully filleted and plated her Sea Bream with olives at the table. Quite a lesson in knife skills!
Here you can taste the Sardinian sunshine in the food and be transported to warmer climes.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

This restaurant is located on a nice little street quietly right in the middle of Belgravia.

We have been there twice, and last time with our daughter for a Saturday late lunch before visiting Queen's Gallery ideally almost next door.

Excellent for sharing and tasting different pastas and we had a wonderful meal. We booked a table on the terrace in advance and this proved to be a great idea for the very un-British summer heath wave we had in late May. Nice shop next door is worth visiting, too. I find the interior decor a little too odd for my taste, but will most certainly consider another terrace lunch when next time in that neighbourhood.

Is it cheap? Nothing is in that part of the city. You will find a luxury laden list of cars parked in front of the establishment, owners of which most likely patrons of the Olivomare, for a hint.