“Very well!”

Ranked #3,363 of 23,024 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Pimlico
Description: Established in 1975 Pimlico Tandoori is a popular neighbourhood restaurant, patronised by peers, politicians and famous faces. Open 7 days a week, including bank holidays. We look forward to welcoming you.
“Very well!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

It's a really nice restaurant in the heart of London. A great opportunity to taste Indian food, which was really well prepared and presented. The waiters were really kind. I went there with my boyfriend during our stay in London, we ordered a starter and two main courses to share. We paid about £29.50 and probably it'd be expensive if we weren't in London and the portions really abundant, that's the reason why I think it's not so expensive, at all. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a bite of India.

• Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very good Indian near pimlico underground”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stopped in for a quick dinner because this place was near my hotel and had a very enjoyable meal. I would refer to the service as "impersonal" but not bad overall.

The food was quite good though. I had Chicken Karahi Brinjal and Vegetable Curry, both of which I thought were very tasty.

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Some of the best Indian food I've ever had but very rude service”
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

The title says it all really. I've eaten at countless Indian restaurants in my time and this is right up there in terms of food quality. In poor restaurants all the virtues taste basically the same. Here our group had a variety of mild, medium and hot dishes and all were subtly spiced whilst sides were fine. Onion bhajis were not oily which is always a good sign. The servers (I can't call them waiters) were completely disinterested and got both drinks and starters orders wrong but the food more than makes up for it.

• Visited November 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Delicious food”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We tried this restaurant on our last visit to London two years ago and made sure we dined again
this trip. The food is just delicious, the best Indian food we have tasted in a long time. Excellent service too. Small neighbourhood restaurant. I would highly recommend.

• Visited October 2013
Cornwall
“Disappointed”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

service was speedy, in fact too speedy, would liked to have had a leisurely meal. Prawn sizler starter, 2 king prawns split with the shell on:- average. Vegetable samosa starter:- below average. Chicken tika massala:- a base sauce dish not cooked out; i must have eaten 70 ctm's in my life this was ranked 67th! Wife had king prawns jalffrezi :- excellent! Most expensive pilau rice ever.....not good at all! Garlic naan very dry. Sorry but 3/10.. Won't be returning.

• Visited September 2013