“so tasty”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Along with the delicious Mexican street food dishes, muralled walls and laid back ambience, Wahaca Soho also boasts a huge range of quality tequilas, Mexican beers and freshly shaken cocktails in the downstairs Azulito bar, which is available for private hire. This is Wahaca's greenest restaurant yet with hoards of energy saving measures and an absolute zero landfill policy on all our waste.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

we popped in to Wahaca one Saturday afternoon for a snack and sampled 6 or 7 dishes, all were lovely and we could have eaten more but that would have been greedy. fresh ingredients, spicy and different flavours made this the best mexican I have had, so tasty !!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The restaurant is located right in the heart of Soho. It's a busy place. The food is lovely and the staff are helpful and efficient. I will for sure come back.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Please see my older review :)

Since this time I have visited this branch of Wahaca EVERY time im in London with the most recent being Mid Feb 2013 and December 2012 so I thought I would do another review.

The place delivers fresh, quick and extremely tasty dishes. The vibe is very relaxed, chatty and friendly. Perfect for a meal with a group of friends/family as long as your not wanting a quiet/romantic chat- it can get very loud!!!

In Dec 2012 myself and my mother arrived after a long day trip Christmas shopping! I was excited for her to try my favorite place as she loves this type of spicy sharing food too!
We arrived about 5.30pm on the saturday and the place was already PACKED. Our train wasnt untill 9pm so we weren't worried at this point. We had a drink at the bar - me the passion fruit Margarita as always ....LUSH! When we were seated about 6.45pm (anxious now) i explained that we had a train to Wales to catch and the guy immediately put us as 'priority' which meant our food literally came in LESS THAN FIVE MINUTES after ordering. Every bit of his service was exceptional!!! He chatted along to my mum about Liverpool and told us about the band he plays in.We ordered a variety of small dishes with my mum declaring ' she wouldn't like the pork tacos i had urged her to try as it will be chewy' then proceeding to class it as ' HER FAVORITE one' after trying all the dishes! The pork is soooo soft and absolutely packed with flavour-. Every single dish was fresh tasty and very reasonably priced. The result? ....My mother now loves Wahaca too!

I returned again with a friend in Feb 2013. We arrived about 8pm on a Saturday so had about a 40 minute wait for food. This time I had 3 small dishes and my dining partner ordered a fish burrito. He said the food was really yum and the fish burrito was something he had never tried but would try again... there was alot packed on his plate & even he couldn't finish it! The place is FAB value for money... not too expensive yet they maintain good quality food and great service.

Cant wait to return...Love everything about Wahaca! :)

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I love Mexican food and have visited Wahaca a number of times now, but the Soho restaurant is definitely my favourite! I tend to always book ahead as it can get very busy, especially in the evenings, however if you do have to wait there's a great bar downstairs which has a great atmosphere to sit down, relax and have one of there amazing tequila cocktails in. You are also given a buzzer so you get notified as soon as your table is ready, which works really well. There is nothing on the menu I haven't liked when I've tried it, but my favourites have to be the Pork pibil tacos, Chipotle chicken quesadillas and the sweet potato side with caramelised
mojo de ajo, so good! The service is always good and friendly, it's the perfect place for both a quick working lunch as well as a longer more relaxed dinner with family, friends, or your partner. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Visited wahaca with my mother and sister after a theatre show at around 6pm. Had to wait 10-15 minutes for a table which was fine, and I felt that the buzzer system worked well.

Bar area nice and comfy with table football games available to help pass the time. Also waiting staff taking drinks orders from your seat and bringing them to you was a nice touch, and much better than a que at the bar.

Once seated at the table for our meal we were treated well by our waiter who was kind and explained the wahaca experience well. Nice touches on the table such as the wahaca magazine, personalised hot sauces and menus that could be taken home as a keep sake were great.

Food was hot, tasty, fresh and good value. We all ordered nachos to share, then two dishes each off the street food section, with free tap water and 1 hot chocolate. Just over 30quid. Very good value I felt.

Toilet area clean and interestingly laid out, with men's and women's in the same space. Did not bother me, but may bother some diners, and put family's with children off.

My only two complaint's are that firstly our table was right next to the entrance by the stairs and the welcome booth. Because of this whenever the door to the venue opened or closed to let customers/staff in and out we were greeted with a bitterly cold draft. This made the evening uncomfortable, and to be honest did spoil the atmosphere a little.
Secondly not being able to book is a bit of a pain. Luckily I did not have to wait long for a table, but If you did it could get quite frustrating. Sometimes people just like the security and ease of having pre booked seats. Why Wahaca cant allow perhaps halve of its seats to be pre booked is beyond me. I am sure if the reason was that they are worried that people would not turn up to a booking, they could give the table away to another customer in next to know time anyway!

So overall, a good meal, good value and a good time had by all. Perhaps wahaca just put in a second inner door to block out the draft coming in from the main door outside, because on a snowy march evening like we had it was uncomfortably chilly.