“Hidden in North London lies an amazing Italian restaurant!”
Review of Ravello

Ravello
Ranked #10,975 of 23,023 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Porthleven, United Kingdom
“Hidden in North London lies an amazing Italian restaurant!”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I couldn't find Ravello at first (even if it's on Old Street), I thought about giving up but then I luckily finally saw it!

Fairly busy even if we arrived late on a Saturday night after the theatre, service was quick, the wine (a Chianti!) was fine and the food was tasty.

The owner had a chat with us after dinner and he is a nice bloke. I can recommend it!

• Visited February 2011

Durham, United Kingdom
“Little gem of an unpretentious restaurant”
Reviewed November 5, 2010

My wife and I ate here in October 2010, whilst staying along the road at the Crowne Plaza Shoreditch. We booked a table, late on a mid-week evening and I must admit I was a bit worried when we turned up as the only other people eating here were a party of 6, just about to finish coffee. I must say however, we were not disappointed. I ordered a simple lasagne main course and my wife had a grilled fish dish. Service was impeccable, food was simple but tasty and unpretentious. The bill, including wine, drinks and coffee came to just over £60 and the familly made us very welcome. I can thoroughly recommend Ravello.

1 Thank Tim M
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“just ok. not exactly the...”
Reviewed January 26, 2009

just ok. not exactly the friendliest service.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
London, United Kingdom
“One of the better Italian restaurants I've eaten at in London. All the dishes were really good and, in true Italian...”
Reviewed March 17, 2008

One of the better Italian restaurants I've eaten at in London. All the dishes were really good and, in true Italian restaurant style, the problem wasn't the quality of the food, but the quantity. the portions are very generous and left us too full for dessert. Until we saw the dessert tray that was, then we managed to find some more room... Service was great and the owner very pleasant.

One thing to look out for, I think they overcharged us for the main courses! Plus, they have a cover charge of £1pp AND a 10% service charge, not sure what the deal is with that...

But overall a great meal and dining experience was had by all.

1 Thank cinlondon