“A well-kept secret”
Review of The Grove

The Grove
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grove is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,737 of 23,995 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Description: This fun and funky neighbourhood restaurant brings the twin disciplines of Mediterranean restaurant and gastropub to Hammersmith, providing a little holiday sunshine even on the greyest London day. A relaxing oasis in W6, The Grove���s greenery lined pavement area, covered by its huge green awning, gives a clue as to what���s inside ��� aqua painted panelling, cream walls, stripped floors and giant terracotta urns ��� all bringing to mind a favourite holiday destination, especially when the sun floods through those wide windows. With a weekly changing menu, The Grove keeps things fresh and organic wherever possible, combining that Mediterranean vibe with good old fashioned British comfort eating.
Reviewed December 17, 2013

A short stroll through the leafy streets of Hammersmith and you come to this spacious gastropub frequented by loyal locals. It has earned a reputation for good food at reasonable price in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. My pork belly on a bed of mashed potato with tender-stem broccoli cooked in a mustard sauce was delicious, and complemented the Aspalls draught cider. The service is efficient and unobtrusive.

2  Thank InspectorFoodie

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I was at first unsure whether I wanted to come, some of the reviews seemed a little cruel, however my husband and I decided to give it a go, and I'm really glad we did, since we don't live too far away and their Sunday roast looks great - want to return! We went on a Friday evening and the staff were quite friendly, they didn't mind when we asked to move tables becuase we'd been seated next to a noisy table, and were patient when I took forever and a day to choose my main. I had carrot and coriander soup for starters - delicious, and my husband had a salad, which he said was nice, if a little bland. He then ordered a steak which he said was fantastic, while I had the tuna with oriental noodles - really really tasty. The kitchen is open, so the chefs can see you and you can see them. One of the waitresses noticed I was picking at my food and asked if it was alright. When I asked her if it could be cooked a little more - I like my tuna well done, she immeadiately took it to the kitchen and asked the chef, although he didn't seem to pleased, she looked like she convinced him and soon I got it back and it was perfect!
Dessert was great - we shared a sticky toffee pudding and our waitress assured us it was homemade. She was very friendly and polite, and looked very young - nice to see the younger generation working hard! The wine was nice, ended up sharing a bottle of Chenin Blanc.
Overall, great service and lovely food, plus the menu changes once a day, so its varied. Would defintely reccomend, and we'll be returning soon.

1  Thank Maya D
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The roast beef on Sundays is invariably served to perfection with the vegetables freshly cooked. The balsamic reduction used in the gravy which accompanies a number of the dishes is absolutely delicious.
But please, Chef - put the tempura vegetables back on the menu !

1  Thank Ian_LDN
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The place is fantastic. From the outside just looks like a regular, sort of undistinguisable from any other pub sort of place. But, once inside, you're in for a fantastic surprise.

The food is Amazing. You can order Appetizers from the Bar all day long, my personal choice the Tiger Prawn shrimps or Patatas Bravas. Now with that appetizer selection, you start to get the cuisine of the place.

Please ask for the Pork belly with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables. It's not only mouthwatering but an experience on it's own. You have the still sparkling belly on top of a potato mash topped with a delicious mustard sauce.

And as desert, the Sticky Toffee with a Coffee on the side. You can either dine in, our out in the terrace to see a very nice Hammersmith street just pass by while you enjoy your food. A fantastic experience and something you cannot miss if close to Hammersmith, Kensington, Shepherd's Bush or Chiswick.

They also offer a discount for Theather ticket holders and every Sunday they hold a comedy night for just 5 pounds!

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We went here as we were staying nearby and our accommodation had a discount deal with the grove. It was a Monday night and quite quiet which was good for us as we were a little tired! The staff were great - checking to make sure everything was ok and even noticed our keychain had our accommodations name on it and added the discount without us having to do anything! My hubby had the steak which he said was amazing! I had the saffron risotto which was fine but I only had this as my first choice of cod wasn't available. Would recommend!