“Lovely ambience spoilt but micro food portions”
Review of Quantus

Quantus
Ranked #1,754 of 23,214 Restaurants in London
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chiswick
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I went on Sunday evening.The restaurant wasn't too busy and staff were attentive.
We frequent a few restaurants in the Chiswick area and unfortunately the food portions do not compare. .I felt that the fillet steak served with rosemary potatoes was a let down...there were 3-4 little potatoes on the plate...We consumed pieces of bread to fill us up...what a shame...other than that it's a sweet little place.

There are newer reviews for Quantus

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went on Friday night for Valentine's. We have been here several times before and every time it has been fantastic! The venue is small but very comfortable and it is a wonderful atmosphere, it is buzzy yet you can still have a quiet conversation. As always the host and staff were very attentive and the service was excellent. I had the pumpkin spaetzle and chicken both dishes were skilfully prepared and wonderful. It is a fine dining experience that is suitable for both a romantic dinner and a fun night out with friends. This would now be our first choice over La Trompette as the food is just as good and it is a wonderful culinary experience.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

This is our third trip to the lovely place. You feel like home, but the food rivals your best you have ever had. The whole meal was fantastic. Glad we live nearby so we can just walk up. We listened time and time again of people who will be turned away for evening meal. Take a chance for lunch and really enjoy!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is a lovely little neighbourhood restaurant, lucky you if you live within walking distance. We made the effort to come from Kew and met friends who were coming from Shepherd's Bush, so an ideal halfway point.

I was first there (early) and the staff were initially confused about our booking and felt they'd made a mistake. After a small amount of to-ing and fro-ing they gave me a glass of champagne and said they'd sort it (that's my kind of welcome! I am assuming I wasn't charged for this drink but didn't check the bill). While waiting at the bar I could see our reservation on their computer screen - there hadn't been a mistake at all and I let them know - no matter, our friends arrived, were also given a drink (as our table wasn't yet ready), as was my husband when he arrived shortly afterwards. What a warm welcome we had received.

The restaurant is small, very atmospheric, with lovely, ambient, and very flattering lighting! Buzzy but not overwhelmingly noisy, it's easy to have a nice conversation. The staff were excellent, attentive and helpful - with one odd exception. The waitress who served us our mains insisted that the pork belly wasn't pork belly, and that the pork fillet was in fact the pork belly. After some discussion we just ignored her and swapped our correct main courses (no, we weren't wrong, we'd ordered two pork belly and one pork fillet so we knew we were right!).

The menu is small though wide ranging. They are also flexible enough to allow you to have one of the starters as a main - I ended up having goat's cheese and butternut spaetzle as my starter, and the aforementioned butternut squash for my main course. All utterly delicious, if somewhat lacking in vegetables... The puddings were also yummy, and again the staff were flexible - I didn't fancy the banana ice cream with whatever it came with (I can't remember now) but it was willingly substituted with ginger, which was utterly delicious.

The wine was good, in fact a bit good, as we drank far too much of it! Water was poured fairly regularly from a carafe, however, we would have drunk more water if it had been left on the table and I would suggest that Quantus do this, save themselves a job, and let us help ourselves (my head perhaps might not have been pounding so much the following morning had I drunk a bit more water!).

We will be back, we were welcomed so warmly and the food was interesting and skilfully prepared. I'd have liked to see a few more vegetables on the plate and water on the table. But really, they're not anything much to grumble about.

Looking forward to my next visit. It was worth crossing Kew Bridge for!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

My boyfriend took me here for my birthday and we had a lovely meal. The service was impeccable and friendly - all the staff really made us feel welcome. We both had the soup for a starter and it was honestly the best soup I've ever had! For a main I had the steak which was cooked to perfection, but the potatoes and salsa it was served with could have been a little bit more adventurous and tasty. Both our desserts were delicious. I will definitely be going back!

Been to Quantus? Share your experiences!