“Scrumptious lunch”
Review of Rose & Fennel

Rose & Fennel
Ranked #16,173 of 28,485 Restaurants in London
Reviewed May 30, 2015

Don't let the lightly furnished interior or modest shop front put you off, the food here is the real deal! We had a aubergine stuffed with mince and potato & leek pastry each accompanied with a variety of Middle eastern inspired salads. Everything was delicious, portion sizes huge, and light on the wallet! Great find, would eat here again without hesitation.

Date of visit: May 2015
Write a reviewReviews (5)

Reviewed May 17, 2015

I spontaneously searched for this place on TA to write a review because there are lots of nice looking places to eat on this street, but I was impressed with the breakfast and other meal options. And, as a vegetarian, I don't often get a choice. Amazing looking meze salads and "mains" to go with the salads that involved things like sweet potato slice layered with sauces and veggies... But I chose the veggie breakfast of poached egg with hollandaise on a slivce of bread with,a chunk of avocado, grilled halloumi, grilled mushrooms, courgette and baked bean on the side... YUM! (and only £6.95)

Date of visit: May 2015
1  Thank RebeccaDerby
Reviewed April 13, 2015 via mobile

I popped into this place at 5.10pm for a quick bite to eat. They seemed to be closing up so I checked if they were still open. They said they were and I ordered a salad. Just after I finished this, which was underwhelming for £6.50, I was asked to leave at 5.35pm because they shut at 5pm! Absolutely ridiculous.

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed October 28, 2014

Last weekend I went to a photographic trip to Stoke Newington's Abney Cemetery and afterwards our crowd landed at this lovely caffe and tea room. The owner was started by the invasion of so many photographers but also pleased. With her team of three, she swiftly responded to our various orders with smile. I ordered a cajun chicken wrap and soya cappuccino. Not one going for wraps I was pleasantly surprised by how thin and crisp the wrap was and the freshness of the ingredients as they tasted yummy. Don't think this is another caffe, they serve their wraps and sandwiches in dinner plates with generous healthy green and potato side salads - at no extra cost. I am also a bit of a snob when it comes to cappuccino made with soya milk - and the one I got here was perfect with a medium strong kick of coffee not overshadowed by soya and comes with groovy foam - absent in many coffee chains across London. In the end the total was just over £6 which is also a bargain. We ate our yummy food and drank our coffee in front of the large window overlooking the busy Church Street watching the hip and trendy people of the neighbourhood. All in all, highly recommended gem of a coffee in this newly trendy part of east London. Good and free wi-fi was a bonus of our visit!

Date of visit: October 2014