“Tasty food and quick service”
Review of El Vergel

El Vergel
Ranked #9,058 of 23,392 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was the first time I've been here as I've started a new job and was introduced to El Vergel by work colleagues. We were a large party in for lunch but our orders were taken quickly and service was excellent. The menu has some great options but I opted for the tacos and they were yummy and I thought very reasonable price wise. The atmosphere was good, particularly due to the decoration I think, makes it incredibly authentic. Will definitely be visiting again!

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I've been going to El Vergel for a number of years, mostly in the older location however pleased to see them expand. It became my favourite place for lunch and I will go out of my way to eat here.

Good points
- Varied menu with wide selection of choices
- Rapid delivery of order at high quality
- Visibility of cooking staff

Annoyances
- Waiting staff seem to take a while to take order
- Not open on the evenings !

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I used to go to El Vergel regularly when it was in its previous venue. It provided good value, delicious, different food. Today I went back after years to its new venue in Webber Street and found it terrible. The waitresses were mono syllabic, barely registering us at all. They took our order wrongly, gave us dishes we didn't order and forgot one too. The food was poor, nothing like I remember. It took ages to get the bill, which when it finally arrived was for a different table. Will never go back. What a shame that something so unique and wonderful has ended up like this.

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Lunch at El Vergel last week was a great experience! El Vergel is a quirky place, spacious and with a relaxing atmosphere. The service was very good and the food delicious! My favourite was churassco with avocado. crunchy, chilean style bread  with flavoursome thinly sliced steak, tomato and mashed avo. Their freshly made guacamole is the best I have ever tasted! I also tried cheese pie, meat pie and pastel de choclo. All very nice and surprisingly affordable. If you like fresh flavours, various textures and want to try south American food, I d' recommend to give El Vergel a try. One of my new favourite places, I cannot wait to go back!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Good service. Nice decor. Tasty inventive menu. Excellent drinks range (hey, that fresh carrot juice was tiny though)

They have various brunch and lunch options, tortilla-based tapas style dishes and authentically Chilean specials like Pastel de Choclo. I guess you'd call it fusion food because it caters for the local office worker/residential crowd and they mix the cuisines, it's not just for Chileans wanting a taste of home (but I bet they get it!)

It's about ten minutes walk due south of Tate Modern, down Great Suffolk St, in a fairly quiet area, and doesn't seem to open in the evenings.

They do take away lunch too.

1  Thank Mike C