“Good Meal”
Review of Silka Restaurant

Silka Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Silka Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15,151 of 23,214 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southwark
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Had a good meal this evening .
I had the chicken Karahi which was very good. The service was polite and prompt .
The restaurant was a bit untidy when we arrived , a few empty wine and beer bottles still on some tables.
We were the first customers abound they were soon cleared away.
The food was very tasty and of good quality.

There are newer reviews for Silka Restaurant

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Me and my friend stumbled upon this place last night, the smells from outside the restaurant were extrordinary so we thought this is the place.... how wrong were we!

Staff were slow to take our order and when the food finally did arrive it was very bland and tasteless. We were extremely disappointed and complained but all we were offered was a sorry from our waiter who said that they were down one waiter and busy. Didn't really explain why the food was poor quality but apology was accepted and we left promptly.

We had the paneer makani and garlic chicken both of which were bland and the garlic naan was burnt. The best thing was the plain pilau rice. This all came to an £30 meal for which we had no enjoyment.

1  Thank ReenBean27
Reviewed September 2, 2012

...watching the double header of Rugby and a few beers it was great to be able to break my journey back to the midlands with a traditional late Curry. I had pretty standard fare including a Prawn Puri Starter with Lamb Sag & Mushroom rice but it was lovely. I'm not sure if that was because I'd not eaten all day or not but one can only judge on what one tastes and for me it was highly enjoyable and satisfying. The mirrors in the Gents are crazy...like the scene from the film Enter the Dragon...Thanks

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Avoid like the plague.

You have a choice, try Silka or give yourself a better quality of life and visit the numerous other perfectly acceptable Indian Restaurants in the area.

If you like watery, bland, loveless curry then this is the place for you.
If you like slow, poor, carefree service then book a table here.

If you dare to complain to the (so called) Manager about your food or experience you will simply be ignored and the card machine will suddenly appear and you will be ushered out.

Service charge included......oh yes, despite a polite complaint.

Make a choice. Avoid.

5  Thank Ian G
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Went for dinner, and at 9 o'clock on the evening on a Saturday you wouldn't expect to bethe only person in the restaurant. But I was. Seldom a good sign. The restaurant is in the basement and can't be describded as very nice looking. The staff was friendly,and the chi-jhal-frazi was quite good and perfectly spiced. The real tragedy was the rice which I suspect was instant rice - really tasteless. The raitha was not tasty either, and it lok kind of awkvard. I do not think I get back. The service is what makes this a three star to me, the food alone is more close to a two star.