“divine”

Ottolenghi - Islington
Ranked #971 of 25,029 Restaurants in London
Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

Came here with my mum after years of using the cook books. Fabulous service, lovely ambiance and brilliant food. The dishes are sublime. We shared the aubergine, peaches, tuna, octopus and belly pork. All were delicious. The octopus dish is one of the best we've ever had. Very reasonably priced for the quality, especially as its London. Great meal. Will definitely return!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,241)

Reviewed September 16, 2017

3 of us - all in London for business - went here on a Sat evening and it was a good job we had booked; it was very busy, but our table was ready immediately. In fact one doesn't sit at individual tables - there a few for couples - as there is one long table where one sits adjacent to other diners; I have to say the chairs were very comfortable. One is quite near to the other diners so not much chance of any privacy as others can easily hear your conversations.
One picks from a menu of hot & cold dishes, including veggie, fish and meat (but I was told they can take the meats/fish off some dishes to make them vegan).
One chooses say 2/3 dishes - more if one is hungry - and they bring them all together; most dishes are about £9-11 each. Groups can share dishes if they so wish.
The food was very tasty and we all enjoyed the various dishes we had.
There is a dessert menu but I opted for another veggie dish as my dessert :)
The wine list is good, if not a little pricey, and we had a very palatable red wine.
There was a constant queue of people waiting for a table so is best to book if you would like to dine here.
Would I come again? Yes, I'd like to try it again some time but I'd find the cuisine a little boring to go back regularly with this style of menu.

Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

I have the book at home and this restaurant was on my wish list. My sister and her partner took me here for my birthday. I loved the food and atmosphere, we shared about 8 plates and had 2 cakes for desert. I would rate this as an overall excellent food experience and one I will be recommending to my friends. I would have no hesitation in returning

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

As a long time fan of Yotam and proud owner & user of his recipe books I finally came here for my birthday this evening. The food was exquisite! We shared the aubergine, seared beef & grilled veg counter plates & then the cod & the pork belly. I can't say which was my favourite dish because it was all amazing! Staff great too. Attentive but respectful of your privacy at the same time. Will be back!!

1  Thank Catherine L
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

This was a birthday treat for my husband and we were not disappointed.
Reservations are essential for the evenings, but they don't take them for lunchtimes.
There are a wide variety of cold salads to choose from and you get to see them on display plus you can choose hot dishes from the kitchen. It's like a middle Eastern tapas, but with slightly larger dishes than their Spanish counterparts. For two of us we had 3 cold dishes and 2 hot. We had broccoli with garlic and chilli -perfect. The broccoli was practically raw and seasoned to perfection, the garlic caramelising. We also had green beans, peas, capers and salsa verde, again dressed and seasoned to perfection.
I'm not a huge meat eater, but their beef and pork were amazing and so, so tender. The pork came with the most amazing mango purée and cashew nuts.
We had room for desserts of which the many sweet treats in the window will entice you.
£88 for 3 glasses of wine, 5 dishes and 2 desserts. A wonderful place for a treat.