“Delicious food and superb staff”

Ottolenghi - Islington
Reserve with OpenTable
Ottolenghi - Islington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #341 of 22,692 Restaurants in London
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious food and superb staff”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

My friend and I had a table on a busy Friday night. The various starters we ordered were delicious, fresh and light. The mains (duck egg and sea bass) were particularly outstanding and the desserts were mouth-wateringly gorgeous. Despite it being a very busy night, the staff were all charming, attentive and efficient. Looks like the other diners enjoyed their meals too. Ottolenghi could double the size of the premises and still be packed out every night. Highly recommended and would definitely visit again.

• Visited February 2014

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Twickenham, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food and atmosphere”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I am a huge fan of Ottolenghi's Plenty cookbook and my husband surprised me on my birthday by taking me to this restaurant for a late lunch. I had a vegetable salad trio and a bread platter and my husband had the salad trio as well with salmon. We ordered different salads so we could try each others, and they were absolutely delicious! The flavor combinations were surprising and unique and we made lots of yummy noises. The wine list was unique as well, featuring some wines from the Middle East and organic wines I have never tried. Dessert was a bit limiting for me as I am dairy-free, but we had a passion fruit meringue which was divine. The service was attentive and efficient and we had a lovely time. We did enjoy the communal eating atmosphere but were pleased to have a separate table for 2. I highly recommend this restaurant and will most certainly visit again.

• Visited December 2013
“Delicious delicious delicious”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Been here a few times and have even got the cookbook! The food is fresh, full of flavour, and just delicious. The atmosphere is always buzzing, and the staff are friendly.

• Visited August 2013
“Pricey but good”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The food was good and there were lots of veggie options, the best bit of the meal was passion fruit meringue. The waitress was very attentive, she knew the menu well and answered all our questions. Overall a good experience however, its not cheap.

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“meringues mark the spot on Upper Street”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Once inside, the food is much greener. Best to arrive before 11 for brunch. The hostess does a great job coping with the hordes. Hot breakfast finishes at 12 and you may need to wait for a table. Definitely worth the wait, and no sense of haste once seated. Spoilt for choice in the menu.

• Visited January 2014