“Amazing Desserts”

Ottolenghi - Islington
Reserve with OpenTable
Ottolenghi - Islington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #337 of 23,718 Restaurants in London
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Living just around the corner I pick up food here a few times a week and it’s amazing. The desserts are to die for and they mix it up enough to keep it interesting. Service is great apart from one Australia Waitress who clearly thinks she is above her role or the people she serves. At first I thought I was being a bit sensitive and the other wait staff was so great and she was comparatively average but I’ve spoken to a few friends and neighbors who have also found her quite difficult and abrasive hence this post, i.e. She tends to roll her eyes a lot and has a ghastly look of frustration when you ask her a question. Apart from that I cannot flaw anything else. I’ve even got the cook books so maybe I can avoid dealing with her in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,174)

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

You must try the orange wine but but you may want to ask your server for a sample to ensure you order the right one. Some of the orange wines have a more acquired taste.

Leave room for dessert. They are truly special.

1  Thank EastBostonGuy
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Where east meet west
If you are ready to droll in the queue looking at the display food waiting for your table, this place is for you. The only Ottolenghi with seated places but unfortunately no reservations. Worth waiting (15 minutes average for me), I keep going back every time. You can eat only vegetarian but some fish or even meat worth the trip. A trip of colours for the eyes and senses for the mouth.

1  Thank Valentin M
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I wish I could try every single food at Ottolenghi's. My husband and I are not vegetarians, but we tried some crazy delicious vegetarian dishes there and we still talk about them today. I highly recommend this place.

1  Thank lane_foodie
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Ottolenghi is not to be missed. The food is amazing--fresh with wonderful flavors. The bean salad with kale and almonds, the eggplant, sea bass were all outstanding. I wish I could have tried every dish. And the desserts. The maple icing cake and flourless chocolate cake are real standouts. Our server was fantastic. One of our party is allergic to nuts and she made sure that she was accommodated. The plates are small and it is expensive but worth every penny.