“Fabulous food and great restaurant”

Ottolenghi - Islington
Reserve with OpenTable
Ottolenghi - Islington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #353 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Australia
“Fabulous food and great restaurant”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I loved the atmosphere at this very modern upbeat eatery in a very trendy part of London. As I was eating by myself I was seated at the large communal table that runs down the centre of the restaurant.
As a vegeterian the food selection was interesting and offered many choices and the choice of sweets was also fantastic. Enjoyed it so much I ate there twice during my stay.

• Visited September 2013

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
London, UK
“Disappointing and overpriced”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

After many recommendations, my partner and I decided to try this "legendary" restaurant. We were disappointed overall. The food, although well presented and unique, had far too many flavours in each dish which overpowered the overall theme I think the chef was trying to create. Small portions for the overpriced menu and the seating is crammed to fit as many people into the small restaurant as possible. Nice wine list and desserts though. Won't be returning.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Tj800
Sydney, Australia
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed my whole meal. I had the salads combo, plus the bread selection. Then a cupcake for dessert. The wait staff were very friendly and attentive and chatty which was nice as I was on my own. I love my Ottellingi cookbooks so was very excited for this visit and it did not disappoint. I took a bag of meringues home to my friend who I was staying with in London and I have to they were AMAZING!

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food small portions.”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

The food and flavour combinations are excellent.

We were told that 4-6 dishes would be enough for us do we ordered 5. Neither of us are big eaters but both were hungry after and had to order two more dishes and desert to be full.

The service was a little aloof for my tastes but generally quite attentive and friendly.

Overall it was a good experience for a special treat and is excellent for pescatarian and vegetarians.

London, United Kingdom
“Great”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Staff were very friendly, food was excellent, and they helped to make a birthday really special!

The only problem was that we ate far too much food - because it tasted so good.

The bill was a little larger than I would usually pay, but as a special occasion, it was fine.

Visited November 2013