“Almost a perfect ten.”

Ottolenghi - Islington
Reserve with OpenTable
Ottolenghi - Islington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #346 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Ottolenghi. Otto...leng...hi. Already you're in for something different. And you know it the minute you hit the lengthy queue of very very trendy people waiting to be seated. But it's OK. It moves along... unless you arrive at the end of a Saturday lunch where the previous diners want to sit there smacking their lips and rabbiting away to all their cool friends. But you would too, so shut up.
The food is a revelation. Fresh salmon or steak or quiche with two or three stunning to use Foxton-speak salads. Cold sweet potato with lemongrass yoghurt or fresh green beans with chili. Or any combination Mr. Ottolenghi and his magical crew have put together which you would never have thought of. Yum yum and again yum.

Mid week at around three thirty it all gets a bit Islington breast feedy. As appetising as if they'd sprayed the tables with bleach. I know I know it's tough when you're in purdah. But still, not here. Not now please. Try to remember life before you went out to restaurants.

So almost a perfect ten. Oh yes, and the cakes. To die for. This is a patisserie after all.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Went here for an evening out. Food was stunning - utterly delicious. Service was impeccable, waitress even found out how one of the dishes was made for us. Restaurant does takeaway food and I will definitely be back for that. Quite pricey but without doubt worth it. Only downside was it was slightly too noisy for my taste. But otherwise hard to fault. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Went on a busy Saturday afternoon, without a reservation but they manged to squeeze us in. Food was great - we struggled to choose between the lovely salads and felt a bit greedy ordering a main with 3 salads but the salads were of very modest proportions and we easily scoffed the lot. Confusion over the pudding menus was resolved with good grace. Staff did try to encourage us to drink and order as many drinks as possible - which I found a little grating, it was done with humour but you could easily be encouraged to over consume. Puddings were a dream - the passion fruit meringue is to die for. We'll be back.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We rocked up here late one afternoon, having seen Mr Ottolenghi's food on Masterchef, I sort of expected a hushed reverential place but instead found a noisy (enjoyably so) bright, colourful environment, sat at a long table - refrectory style - and had the perfect lunch. Some of the salads are to die for... but it was just for me and my family a great environment for the perfect lunch. I don't think the portions were too small - they were adequate and overall good value. Yes will definitely return

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Brilliant food, but you do pay for it.
Our food arrived very late, but we did get a free coffee and the staff were very appologetic.
If your going to London as a treat I would defanitely recommend!

1  Thank Abi S