“Unbelievable food.......”

Ottolenghi - Islington
Reserve with OpenTable
Ottolenghi - Islington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #342 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Kent
“Unbelievable food.......”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

What a great restaurant, we had the cookery book and felt it was time to try the restaurant. Were we disappointed, absolutely not! What a great way to eat. Two or three dishes each of some of the nicest food we have tasted in a long while, brilliantly served, presented and what a gorgeous little restaurant....

This is a must goto restaurant!

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious to the palate”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

My husband took me there for my birthday and we have a lovely evening. Small dishes to share with a unique style and flavors. Book in advance.

Toronto, Canada
“A Schlep to a Good Breakfast”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

It takes a while to get there but sometimes it's nice to get out of central London for a while. The food was good, simply prepared and very flavourful. The service was minimal but we were not really left wanting anything we did not get. It's a bit of a mommy-and-me-time for weekend breakfast, but that's not the restaurant's fault. Overall, I really liked it. We also got some take away, the croissants are the best I have ever had outside Paris.

London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding lunch!!”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Fantastic - we had to wait an age for a table (in cramped conditions - that's the only real reason for dropping a star) but it was worth it. The salads and the mains were spectacular. Nuts in everything almost, which I don't like, but I managed to get around it. Well worth a visit for a special occasion - for the portion sizes and the quality, prices aren't bad either. Deserts are maybe a tad overpriced though - skip it and get something elsewhere when you've walked off your main a bit.

Staff were excellent - friendly and unflappable!

• Visited December 2011
“Terrific food, let down by the floor staff and pricing....”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

My partner and I went to this resteraunt as a suprise for my birthday, especially since we we're such a fan of Yotam's writing in the Guardian and had just got his 'Plenty' book.

We were looking forward to eating here, unfortunately we we're ten minutes late but phoned through to let them know. When we got there the first member of staff we asked to see us to our table dissapeared And never came back, so another staff member came to sort us out but was quite short saying that being late made it hard to find us a seat!? And then she sat us at a communal table (not what we had reserved) which instantly put us on edge after we asked if there was a seperate table (there were three visible but we couldn't sit at them!?)

Then when we we're served the waitress asked us if we wanted wine, which we didn't at which point she gave us the weirdest look (somewhere between distain and suprise) so that didn't help our already strained experience.

Luckily the food was excellent which was such a relief although we only ordered three dishes, mainly due to price. the scallop dish was definitely worth the 12 pounds, but both vegetable dishes were over priced at 9 pounds, both of us felt 4-5 pounds was more realistic for the size of portion.

Oh and the last thing was the wirdly shaped table itself. I'm a largish chap but I couldn't get my legs under the table, and stretching them out wasn't an option as they were solid legs, so a semi-crossed legged poistion was adopted which was less than comfortable!!

Overall, we'll stay at home and cook his recipes rather than eat them at a resteraunt with rude staff and a heavy mark-up!