“It could have been so good”
Review of Cottons - Camden

Cottons - Camden
Reserve with OpenTable
Cottons - Camden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7,138 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Stockholm
“It could have been so good”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Went there two days ago. My girlfriend had lamb and apparently it was delicious. I had mixed grilled fish and it was some of the worst food i have ever been served at a restaurant. The fish was so dry i could hardly cut it, and the grilled bananas were also really hard and dry. The shrimp was good though, but cold like everything else on the plate. I hardly doubt the fish was grilled the same day. Don't know how it's even possible to make fish like that, i am truly stunned.
I know i should have complained, but i was tired after travelling from Sweden and really wanted to leave as soon as possible. Service was friendly though and the drink list looked nice. If i went here again i'd stay away from the fish and concentrate on the drinks.

• Visited September 2012

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Yum Yum Rum Shack!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I adore caribbean food and this did not disappoint me, although fairly expensive it is worth it for a special occasion.

Visited November 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Tasty food & good service”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I had the goat curry & it was delicious, though a little boney. My friend said the Jerk Salmon was really nice too. The waiter was efficient and friendly, we were not left waiting for things and in general, had a pleasant visit.

• Visited September 2012
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
“Probably best Goat Curry I've eaten”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

And a friendly waiter. I've eaten a few goat curries including in the Caribbean and this was probably the best. The salt fish and pumpkin fritter was OK - slightly too doughy.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Richard P
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awful service bad food”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Drove an hour to get to this restaurant, they were not at all accommodating for children had no kids menu and would not do a smaller portion. Ordered our main meals and then as they had no kids menu just ordered two sides for the little one. After waiting 45 minutes for our main meal we asked our waiter where our mains were, he said that he thought we didn't want it and so had not put the order through. I was so annoyed that I paid the bill and left, not realising we had paid for chicken wings that never actually arrived!!

• Visited August 2012